Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: night diving. your experiences?

Guppy

Smile night diving. your experiences?

ok so im gettin ready to take my advanced diving course. one of the things we have to do is night diving

I can't wait. can some of you share your experiences though? so I can get an idea

Megalodon
    Images
    Most of my night dives have been a lot of fun! It's an entirely different experience once the sun sets. Enjoy!

Don't get too hung up on what's n the water that you can't see. Pay attention to not only your compass, but your surroundings.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Guppy
    yea I'm not too worried about it. after diving in the florida keys I have wanted to do a night dive hearing all of the experienes and such. The only thing I think i might do is at first be worried that all I can see is my lights radius. But im sure ill get over that pretty soon like whenever i see the first school of fish

Shark
    I've done a few nite dives.....Number 1 on the list is the Manta Ray dive in Kona number 2 was the Zoo in Wakatobi and number 3, 4, 5, 6 and so fourth is in Lembeh Straits.....Although I am not the biggest fan of Nite diving....you see some of the coolest things.

Guppy
    I live in Florida and we dive in the gulf of mexico. maybe 45 minutes away from where we launch and ppl have said that you see octopus and sharks and stuff. im so stoked

TadPole
    I've done a few night dives. It's cool to find some sand, take a knee, and turn off your light for awhile. Spooky! I find navigating at night a bit easier then during the day especially if the boat ties a strobe off on the ladder. Also, turning off your light and waving your hand in front of your face is cool, you'll see plantkton glow.

Guppy
    yea! some of my buddies said you can see the phosphorus in the water

were still gettin a class together for the advanced class and as soon as they get enough well be on our way. I already have my open water and nitrox cards.

Barracuda
    I don't know how the viz is on your side of the state, but out east is great for night diving usually specially with a little moon light. I really enjoy doing the Ft. Lauderdale wrecks at night and hunting is always better at night specially for lobsters
    3/4 of the Earth are covered by water and 1/4 by land. Clearly God intended us to spend 3 times as much time fishing and diving than mowing the lawn. - Wiz

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TRiggER2117 View Post
    yea! some of my buddies said you can see the phosphorus in the water

were still gettin a class together for the advanced class and as soon as they get enough well be on our way. I already have my open water and nitrox cards.
    Slight correction... It's Bioluminescence.

Anyway, night diving is exactly like daytime diving except you have to use a flashlight to see most things. You will have the chance to see some things out about on the reef that are hiding during the day.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Guppy
    oh ok I thought it was phosphorus lol. either way its still cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information