Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: printable dive log ????

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by it_mike View Post
    Great log forms guys! Now all I need is a single database to keep all the records in, and I'll be set! (Yes, I'm a geek)

Mike
    Just download ScubaPro's SmartTrak software (free, but you can only download Uwatec/ScubaPro computers into it, so you have to enter data manually). Logs pretty much everything you could want to keep track of, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by skdvr View Post
    Here is a fillable .pdf that I use to log my dives. This was not made by me. There was a thread sometime back where people put there heads toghether and this is what they came up with. One member was able to make the .pdf fillable and I have been using it ever since....

I am not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for but give it a shot...

Phil
    Which box do you check for night dives?

(otherwise, pretty good form!)

Shark Founding Member
    Just put "Night Dive" on the Activities line...

I did not make the form, it was a bunch of us on the board were throwing ideas back and forth. One person made the form and then someone else made it a fillable .pdf. Wish we would have thought about that when we did it though. Oh well...

Phil
    For current Midwest Diving Conditions go to www.midwestmuckdiving.com. They cannot be current unless you help. Please post any updates that you may have for whatever quarry or lake you just came out of...

Quote Originally Posted by skdvr View Post
    Just put "Night Dive" on the Activities line...

I did not make the form, it was a bunch of us on the board were throwing ideas back and forth. One person made the form and then someone else made it a fillable .pdf. Wish we would have thought about that when we did it though. Oh well...

Phil
    Yes, I did some searching before I left work to dive on Friday, and found the original thread.

The lack of a "night dive" option has bugged me on some commercial software as well.

Still, it's quite a good form. I'm glad I found it because I never bought a log book for my wife, and she needed to log her certification dives this weekend.

Grouper
    Images
    I found this website Diving For Fun - Downloadable Dive Log Filler Pages
    just thought I would share.

Guppy Founding Member
    I was the one who made it fill-able... if you have a scan of a log book you like I can make yours fill-able too. just PM me..
    Thanks,

-- BMP --

Las Vegas Divers

Guppy
    OK here is a real dumb question. But with all of the tech. we have today does everyone still fill out and print hard copies?

Does no one just use software to keep track of them? Or do yall make hard copies because you are asked to see them from time to time before certain dive ops will let you dive?

I guess I am behind I have all of mine soft copy using softward downloaded from my dive computer.

Getting me on the right track on this is greatley appreciated!

Grouper
    I do both. Although I've been asked to a show a log a couple of times, my main concern is that I'm not to keen on taking expensive electronics to the lake. Would rather have to dry out my logbook than my iPhone. Could do all my logging after I return home, but it's easy to lose details when you make a number of dives over the span of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    OK here is a real dumb question. But with all of the tech. we have today does everyone still fill out and print hard copies?

Does no one just use software to keep track of them? Or do yall make hard copies because you are asked to see them from time to time before certain dive ops will let you dive?

I guess I am behind I have all of mine soft copy using softward downloaded from my dive computer.

Getting me on the right track on this is greatley appreciated!
    I keep mine on both my iPhone and on my computer. I print out log summaries on occasion. If I'm traveling, it's no big deal to run off a condensed log sheet (table view, one dive per line) with 100's dive dives covered in just a few pages, and throw it in the bag, just in case some lame dive op wants to see it. Easy insurance for a few sheets of paper.

I maintain a "pretty" version (full detail print-outs, one dive per page) of my full log book in a notebook at home, just in case my computer (and backups) ever fails. I update it roughly annually, or when the thought and motivation come together at the same time.

Guppy
    thanks for the reply just wanted to make sure I was not to far of course. Sounds like i should be ok as for I am able to print dive logs and summary from the software so I also have backups on another hard drive. I will go ahead and print some and put in a note book from time to time as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information