Thread: New diver

TadPole

New diver

Wanted to say hello and into myself. Just got cert. in June of 09 and have approx. 20 dives so far, all shallow dives hunting for lobsters. Sorry to say that almost half have been solo. Even with my buddy, we get separated looking in the nooks and crannies with vis about 15'. I'm loving my new hobby and am looking forward to going deeper, not solo. Have been reading the forum, lots of great info. Will be diving both days this weekend.

Shark
    welcome getting my ow in jan. your going to get riped for solo diving. I plan to when i get some dive under my belt. Welcome glad to here you like it. Question did you buy your gear before after cert. Or are you still renting. Been trying to figure out when i want to buy mine. I know i want it. But not sure if i should wait till after my cert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Hunter View Post
    Wanted to say hello and into myself. Just got cert. in June of 09 and have approx. 20 dives so far, all shallow dives hunting for lobsters. Sorry to say that almost half have been solo. Even with my buddy, we get separated looking in the nooks and crannies with vis about 15'. I'm loving my new hobby and am looking forward to going deeper, not solo. Have been reading the forum, lots of great info. Will be diving both days this weekend.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Welcome to the watery world of SCUBA. Take out your second mortgage now so that you'll have the cash instantly available. Forward proceeds to ScubaToys.
    rick

Shark
    It's the nature of the beast up here... most hunts (at least, most productive hunts) unfortunately end up with diver separation.

Be safe, and look me up if you feel like a dive on the South Shore.
    Matt Silvia

TadPole
    I got a deal on some used gear so I bought before my cert. Then I found scubatoys and the flood gates opened. Bought all new gear, so I have 2 and 3 of basically everything. I wanted my own gear for training and just grab and go when the mood strikes. Matt, we will have to get together, I have done most of my dives on the south shore and some, inscluding this weekend, on the cape.
    Last edited by Lobster Hunter; 08-07-2009 at 13:22.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by MSilvia View Post
    It's the nature of the beast up here... most hunts (at least, most productive hunts) unfortunately end up with diver separation.

Be safe, and look me up if you feel like a dive on the South Shore.
    Well, I don't want to dive there but could you just foward me some of your catch.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by obrules15 View Post
    could you just foward me some of your catch.
    Sure... no problem. Do you prefer empty claws, or empty tails?
    Matt Silvia

TadPole
    Looking forward to emptying some tails this weekend. Diving Sunday in Chatham, Sunday maybe Plymouth or Sandwich. Any suggestiions for places in the Marshfield area???

TadPole
    Looking for opinions on tank fills. I get my tank filled from my buddy at the local firehouse where they have a compressor for the O2 tanks. Is there anything wrong with this?

Images
    Another one bits the dust! You have joined the ranks of evaluating every purchase compared to Dive Gear. You want that new flatscreen....nope, that's a drysuit. The old tube tv works just fine.

Welcome,

Snagel

Thread Information