Thread: Tenkiller 8/21 - 8/23

TadPole

Tenkiller 8/21 - 8/23

Geez everyone, why am I the only one that seems to post? Am I the only diver in DWDS?

Well I am going to Tenkiller again this weekend. Anyone go last weekend? What are the conditions? I will probably be camping out with a group at Eagle Point. We are probably going to rent a pontoon boat for a full day, we will have a couple spots left, it should only be about 30 a person. The group won't be divers, except for me. So let me know.

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Sorry, but TK's vis has been so screwed up this year, I have only been twice, and don't plan on going back before fall. Too many good lakes across the border in AR and MO.

If TK has cleared up, let us know. I might change plans next time!
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Grouper
    Images
    On Sat. the 15th Tenkillers vis was 2 to 5' above the thermocline. Below the thermocline at about 30' vis opens up to 15 to 20'. Was able to dive in 3mm for about 45 min.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Grouper
    Images
    I was there last Saturday with another guy from the Tulsa Aquanauts. The vis above the thermocline was under 5 feet and below the thermocline it opened to around 15 feet. I dove in a 3mm with hood. Below the thermocline the temp dropped to around 70 at the surface it was about 82. Might be going back this weekend but not sure yet (would like to get another 5 dives in)

TadPole

Results

Ok, well we went and had a great weekend at Tenkiller. The visability was alot better than normal. Above the thermo was about 8 feet, below seemed to be like 20. I didn't take a wetsuit (I know a bunch of you are saying, like thats news.) below the thermocline got cold quick. The deepest I went this weekend was 70ft. I also camped out AT the Scuba Park. So I dove alot. I dove the swim beach at like 6am on Sunday and found a silver bracelet chain (estimated value of about $10) but it meant something to me, the first thing I have found. It was a fun weekend and hope to get out there again soon.

BTW It got cold as hell at nights out there. Summers ending. GO SCUBA!!!

Grouper
    Images
    Sounds like you had a good time. I would have loved to go back but I never heard from my dive buddy, Just out of curosity how many showed up. If you need someone to go diving with let me know I have weekends off. Would like to get a few more dives in before it gets too cold...but then again I could take a dry suit class and do some cold dives

Thread Information