Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will be doing first night dive over labor day...

Megalodon
    Images
    Don't keep us in suspense BR, how was the dive?

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Yep, at the airport waiting for the flight home, the whole trip was incredible...thought I would be a bit nervous on the night dives, but just jumped and enjoyed. Only needed a small light, the primary was too much. Thanks for all the insights, BR

Moderator ST-Forum Mod PACKRMAN's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
    Yep, at the airport waiting for the flight home, the whole trip was incredible...thought I would be a bit nervous on the night dives, but just jumped and enjoyed. Only needed a small light, the primary was too much. Thanks for all the insights, BR

Thats it?

I for one want more detail

Originally from the Great White North, I give you...

Grouper
    No worries, I was using my iphone earlier, I am home now. The whole trip was great. We dive with an incredible dive family business down there, so we saw a ton and dove some great caves that exited over the abyss...day highlights, 6 plus foot moray eel swimming along the reef in the middle of the day, lots of eagle rays, those were a first for me...a bunch of sharks. Some of the sharks were quite large. A bunch of turtles, sting rays, really large barracuda as well.

For the night dive, it was almost a full moon, so that really added to it. From the moment the boat started out, I was overcome with a serious calm. It was very peaceful. Once in the water it got even better. I was super relaxed and I believe it has added about 10 minutes to my air time. I was able to stay down for a long time on the night dive and was able to stay down the last day on the first dive for 47 minutes with a max depth of 111 with 500 psi left and 1 hour two minutes the second dive with a max depth of 53 feet and 800 psi left. This was quite a bit better than pre-night dive. I was so relaxed my breathing was better and I was more focused on the sea life. The crabs that came out were huge, I saw a seriously colorful black/green/yellow spotted eel. Lots of lobsters as well. The angel fish trying to sleep was interesting as well. There was a smaller octopus playing hide n seek with me, I turned my light to another direction to where my buddies were and there was a seriously large grouper hoping that octopus would come out of the coral. My buddy showed me the bioluminesence around the bottom of the tube coral also....it ended relaxing on the surface under the moonlight while the boat motored over.

I really like the day dives better, but will try to include a couple of night ones each trip, a whole different world for sure....BR

p.s. one of my buddies on this trip took seriously incredible photos and videos. He has a real nack for it...they are down for another week or so, but I will post photos we he sends them to me....
    Last edited by BRsnow; 09-07-2009 at 21:44.

Moderator ST-Forum Mod PACKRMAN's Avatar
    Images
    Sounds great
    Can't wait to see the photos
    Originally from the Great White North, I give you...

Grouper
    Here are some photos, my buddy John got some great shots. The big Moray out in the middle of the day swimming along was great. There are also some up close and person shots of a very large barracuda I am waiting to have emailed over. Great trip for sure...BR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information