Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miflex Hoses

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Those short 6" hoses wear out fast (relatively) due to the sharp bend. Miflex is a great solution to the problem of hoses cracking for this reason. HOWEVER they don't have the same tension compared to rubber, and lay differently, so that's a game killer for some.

IF you're happy with the way Miflex hoses support the SPG, I think the Miflex hose would last much longer than a rubber hose, for this application.

Grouper
    Does anyone use a miflex hose on the octo reg?

I had to dive with my octo and it felt like it was falling out of my mouth the whole dive.. I'm fairly certain it wasn't the hose length but I'm hoping miflex would help solve the problem

Grouper
    I think there are quite a few of us using a 22" Miflex hose on a bungee type necklace. My wife also has a Miflex hose on her traditional octo setup.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Does anyone use a miflex hose on the octo reg?

I had to dive with my octo and it felt like it was falling out of my mouth the whole dive.. I'm fairly certain it wasn't the hose length but I'm hoping miflex would help solve the problem
    If the reg feels like it's falling out of your mouth it may be time to look into a different mouthpiece. I am a big fan of the aqualung comfobite mouthpieces and use them on all my regs. I find they allow the reg to easily hang in my mouth without me having to bite down to keep it in. The miflex hoses are lighter and more flexible which I find helps too, but the mouthpiece will likely make a bigger difference in your scenario.

what is a schraeder valve? my Inflator miflex hose leaks a little depending on position i.e. if I wiggle/twist it a bit it stops. Is this the schraeder valve people have mentioned? I have a 22" backup and 40" primary Miflex and I like them. Will get the HP hose as Im a little OCD and feel sorry for the lonley rubber SPG hose I currently have.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhasummer View Post
    what is a schraeder valve? my Inflator miflex hose leaks a little depending on position i.e. if I wiggle/twist it a bit it stops. Is this the schraeder valve people have mentioned? I have a 22" backup and 40" primary Miflex and I like them. Will get the HP hose as Im a little OCD and feel sorry for the lonley rubber SPG hose I currently have.
    It's the little bike valve looking thing. Schrader valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But reg hoses don't have them. Your LP inflator does, but not your reg.

I would see about exchanging your new Miflex hose for a different one, as a new hose that leaks is defective, assuming you have everything hooked up right.

Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhasummer View Post
    It's the little bike valve looking thing. Schrader valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But reg hoses don't have them. Your LP inflator does, but not your reg.

I would see about exchanging your new Miflex hose for a different one, as a new hose that leaks is defective, assuming you have everything hooked up right.
    Thanks for that. Yep its my inflator hose, I can see the "bike" valve, Ive had the hose for almost two years so guess Im **** out of luck re returning it, its always leaked a little right from the get go, guess ill keep giving it a wiggle or try to tighten the valve as some one over on TDS previously wrote about.

Grouper Founding Member
    Maybe just replacing the o ring in it would be a fix.
    Dave

lone : solitary : sole,only : isolated
    frogman : a swimmer equipped to work underwater for long periods of time

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Frogman View Post
    Maybe just replacing the o ring in it would be a fix.
    is there an O ring at the inflator end?

Grouper Founding Member
    Yes inside the quick coupling near the bottom. It can be removed with a o ring pick. You will have to replace it if you remove it, because it will be damaged getting it out.
    Dave

lone : solitary : sole,only : isolated
    frogman : a swimmer equipped to work underwater for long periods of time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information