Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Miflex Hoses

Grouper
    I've been servicing dive gear for the past 12 years and have not seen a serviceable o-ring in the coupler end. The schrader valve is a self-contained part that is replaced as an assembly. It's the same part of used in your car tire valve stem. The valve could be loose or may need to replaced. The tool needed can be purchased at an auto parts store. If the leak doesn't stop after snugging the valve up, then replace it. The part should only cost a couple of bucks. There's usually an o-ring on the male end that is attached to your BC's inflator mechanism. Usually not the issue though.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Does anyone use a miflex hose on the octo reg?

I had to dive with my octo and it felt like it was falling out of my mouth the whole dive.. I'm fairly certain it wasn't the hose length but I'm hoping miflex would help solve the problem
    I use miflex hose on my octo as well as primary. I switched out my regular hoses as I wanted to alleviate any type of sideways strain on my jaw because I have a full upper and lower plate, so chances are good for me if I have a reg pulled out of my mouth forcefully I will have a $3000.00 set of teeth sinking to the bottom

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekdivr View Post
    I've been servicing dive gear for the past 12 years and have not seen a serviceable o-ring in the coupler end.
    Take your sun glasses off and look inside the coupler on the hose. The ones I see that are leaking are missing the o ring. If your condemning the leaking ones, you can send the bad ones to me.
    Dave

lone : solitary : sole,only : isolated
    frogman : a swimmer equipped to work underwater for long periods of time

Grouper
    Take your sun glasses off and look inside the coupler on the hose. The ones I see that are leaking are missing the o ring. If your condemning the leaking ones, you can send the bad ones to me.[/quote]

Well I come to the forum offering my apologies for being human and being wrong. As it was put to me, I came home from work today, took off my sunglasses and looked at my low pressure inflator hose. Low and behold there was a tiny encapsulated o-ring down inside the coupler. I've never come across one that has leaked from there before and thus my ignorance. I've replaced many a schrader valve for leaking and a couple hoses for leaking at the swedge fittings or being dry rotted. I guess from now on I will verify things a little more before posting something in error. Please accept my apology.

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Frogman View Post
    Take your sun glasses off and look inside the coupler on the hose. The ones I see that are leaking are missing the o ring. If your condemning the leaking ones, you can send the bad ones to me.
    Well I come to the forum offering my apologies for being human and being wrong. As it was put to me, I came home from work today, took off my sunglasses and looked at my low pressure inflator hose. Low and behold there was a tiny encapsulated o-ring down inside the coupler. I've never come across one that has leaked from there before and thus my ignorance. I've replaced many a schrader valve for leaking and a couple hoses for leaking at the swedge fittings or being dry rotted. I guess from now on I will verify things a little more before posting something in error. Please accept my apology.
    It's all good Tekdiver!

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    It's all good Tekdiver!
    I will add that I've known Tekdiver for 40 years, he was my next door neighbor when I was born and we've worked together on many projects over the years. We started out with bicycles when we were young and then as we got older we put a few cars together, built a few bedrooms in a house, a deck on my old house to hold my hot tub and several years at a car dealership together. Over the years and the many things we've worked on together, there is one thing that I can state without any qualms, the man has some serious skills when it comes to working on anything. So if the recessed o-ring had been a problem on someone's lp inflator hose, he would have found the problem and fixed it, I have no doubt.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    It's all good Tekdiver!
    Thanks for the understanding Navy! It's much appreciated. I was starting to get an SB vibe there for a sec.

Thanks TK for having my back! We've seen and done a lot together over the years and even though we're hundreds of miles apart now, diving will soon bring us back together. Be prepared for Cozumel! It will be like no other trip you've taken.

Grouper
    everyone makes a mistake, NO SB vibes here ...

~Recon

Grouper Founding Member
    I did not mean to flame or jump down anyone's throat (post). I'm sorry if I came off that way.

I agree its very rare to see one bad. And for the record I'm not a service tech for anyone but myself. Your the last guy I want to tick off I may need your services sometime.
    I just wanted the OP to check one more thing..
    Dave

lone : solitary : sole,only : isolated
    frogman : a swimmer equipped to work underwater for long periods of time

Grouper
    I did not mean to flame or jump down anyone's throat (post). I'm sorry if I came off that way.

I agree its very rare to see one bad. And for the record I'm not a service tech for anyone but myself. Your the last guy I want to tick off I may need your services sometime.
    I just wanted the OP to check one more thing..
    No harm done Frogman. You did mention seeing them missing. The way that o-ring sits in a groove I would think it would be a bizzarre instance of it coming out. That would definitely make for a heck of a leak. The issues I run into are more of the hose hissing when it's unhooked from the bc. This occurs more due to a lack of proper rinsing by the owner and the valve getting corroded up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information