Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miflex Hoses

Grouper

Miflex Hoses

Just curious to see if anyone has any feedback on using miflex hoses in a DIR configuration. Seems to me they would be more durable and less prone to failure.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I am using this config. I love the way they pack and perform is all I can say. I even have a myflex hp hose but I have only had it on 6 or 7 dives at this point.

(FYI, not a tech guy, just a wannabe)
    Flatliner
    aka Robert

On the road to Grand Master Spammer...

Grouper
    i've been hearing more and more bad things
    they look really cool but I would probably search over at thedecostop and read the threads before purchasing

Grouper
    Thanks for the info guy's! I bought an HP hose recently,when I replaced my gauge and thought I may swap out the others too. I'll check out decostop and see what they're saying. Thanks again!

Grouper
    Hi Jim, while I am not a techie, I do use miflex hoses and the resistance to abrasions are great. I do not use no long hose configurations, so not sure how flippy floppy they might be and what kind of entanglement issues they might have.

Grouper
    Hey Nick, Tony just recently switched all of his out and he really likes them. Granted he's only made a couple dives with them, but he's diving a long hose config like myself. I just don't want the 7' hose to be floating off my chest or anything crazy like that. I'm so used to the heavier,stiffer standard type hose and was just wondering how many people are using these at this point. The abrasion characteristics are appealing, since I do jump in a cave from time to time.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I use Miflex hoses on my single tank DMing rig and my doubles. Haven't had any issues. The flexibility is nice when packing gear. Time will tell on longevity though but I have over 100 dive on one of the hoses.

Barracuda
    I don't have a problem with my tried and true rubber hoses now, and see no reason to switch. I will wait and see how miflex does.
    Last edited by UCFKnightDiver; 08-28-2009 at 09:40.
    When you turn your air on does it return the favor?!
    "I'd rather die while im living, than live while I'm dead!" -Jimmy Buffett

Grouper
    There were 20 some posts on the decostop forum. Pretty much it looks like people are happy with them, even in tec configuration. Some have concerns with the hoses being somewhat slippery and not holding position behind a canister light, but that sounds like an easy fix. A couple schraeder valve issues, but that sounded like a quick fix also. All in all I think I'm going to give them a shot. My hoses are due for replacement in the near future and what the heck!

Grouper
    Most of the disgruntled people are complaining about using the 6" HP Miflex hose on stage bottle setups and that it won't hold the position due to the flexibility and small diameter of the HP hose. Every product has its limitations, fans and naysayers.

I like the flexibility and reduced weight, it may not be much be any weight savings is a plus. The Miflex cover doesn't bother my neck as some people have said and quite frankly, I like the way they look. With my configurations, I don't really have any flip floppiness or problems with the hoses floating around.

I read a lot of posts and even PM'd a few people who had originally tried them out when they were first introduced to get their perspective now that they have much more use on them. Those replies were generally favorable and very few had much, if anything negative to say about them before I made the decision to switch over.

I have no regrets about switching to them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information