Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oronogo missouri diving

Grouper
    Images
    Rick posted this on the Aquanauts site (this weekend?)

Capt. John is having Environment Days @ Oronogo/ Captain John's Sports & Scuba.
    When,you say? Well that would be October 24th & and 25th from 9 AM to 6 PM both days
    Whats happening,you ask?
    Saturday there will be an Underwater Poker Run
    There will be prizes.
    And a group clean up of the lake and grounds. Participants get free air fills.
    Sunday there will be an Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest.
    Winner gets a $50.00 Capt. John's Gift from The 2nd Wave Dive Club
    Also another day of clean up again participants in the clean ups get free air fills
    If you need more information please contact John or Regina @ 417-673-2724
    Food and Beverages will be provided. Remember that alcohol is not permitted at the park.

Also this one:

Capt. John @ Oronogo is having Poseidon Days October 17 & 18. Poseidon will be there with all types of gear for you to try. I know nothing else about this so I would say that if you having been wondering about any Poseidon dive equipment now is the time to try it for yourself.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by wanz0916 View Post
    Does anyone know how good the diving is at Oronogo? I have dove Tenkiller several times in the last two months logging 10-15 dives there but would be willing to drive to Oronogo if the diving is better.
    Thank You for your opinions.
    Simply my opinion, of all the places I have dived since 1966ish, I would have to rate this pitiful pit right about bottom of the barrel with only the Mississippi River and maybe my sewage lagoon being lower.

N

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Does anyone know how good the diving is at Oronogo? I have dove Tenkiller several times in the last two months logging 10-15 dives there but would be willing to drive to Oronogo if the diving is better.
    Simply my opinion, of all the places I have dived since 1966ish, I would have to rate this pitiful pit right about bottom of the barrel with only the Mississippi River and maybe my sewage lagoon being lower.

N
    I'm sorry you feel that way Nemrod. When were you there last? How many times have you been there?

I find it to be a nice place to make a couple of dives on a weekend. Not very big, but plenty to see on a couple of dives. The vis has not been the best in the past year, but it has improved to near pre-2000 levels. Sure, it gets a little silted up with classes doing OW checkouts, but there a lot to do outside the shallows. If you're into intermediate depths, it may lack a little, but the deeper rec limits are great.

I've done some dives in Beaver that were a lot worse with a lot worse conditions.

One other thing I enjoy about Oronogo is the folks that dive there are themselves great people. Surface intervals are about as much fun as the dives.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grand Master Spammer

N

Oronogo is fun, especially compared to Tenkiller!
    Diving is safe.....People are dangerous!

Guppy

N
    How deep is your "Sewage Lagoon"? I can see why people don't like Oronogo. But for those of us who dive there frequently it's HOME. With deep water around 220' and many many caves to explore...It's a Tec Divers playground. I love the place and the people who run it.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post

N
    I'm sorry you feel that way Nemrod. When were you there last? How many times have you been there?

I find it to be a nice place to make a couple of dives on a weekend. Not very big, but plenty to see on a couple of dives. The vis has not been the best in the past year, but it has improved to near pre-2000 levels. Sure, it gets a little silted up with classes doing OW checkouts, but there a lot to do outside the shallows. If you're into intermediate depths, it may lack a little, but the deeper rec limits are great.

I've done some dives in Beaver that were a lot worse with a lot worse conditions.

One other thing I enjoy about Oronogo is the folks that dive there are themselves great people. Surface intervals are about as much fun as the dives.
    LOL, I am glad you enjoy it. It let's you get wet anyways. Good for that.

I don't divide diving into rec, tec, deep, intermediate and all that. I went there, I went to 150 feet, I nodded my head, yep, been here and done this, loaded up and ain't going back.

If I want a picture of a lawnmower I can take one of mine in my backyard, don't need to swim down 150 feet in a dirty pit to photograph a wreck that turns out to be a lawnmower.

I blew in on a south wind and I am hopeful one of these days a particularly strong north wind will blow me the Hades back out of here. If it ain't salt, I ain't getting wet, well, maybe.

N

Grand Master Spammer
    If it ain't salt, I ain't getting wet, well, maybe.
    N

Uh huh.....

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    I blew in on a south wind and I am hopeful one of these days a particularly strong north wind will blow me the Hades back out of here. If it ain't salt, I ain't getting wet, well, maybe.

N
    So does that mean you've stopped diving the lakes?
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Grand Master Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post

N
    So does that mean you've stopped diving the lakes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information