Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Tattoo

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post
    That's funny you linked to a pathtag. Pathtags are used in geocaching which is one of my other hobbies.
    Geocaching is a favorite here too! I haven't been in to it long, I have about 75 finds. My fiance put together a kit so to speak for me for xmas so that I can start hiding my own caches. It came with some log pads, pencils a bunch of bison tubes, and a trackable coin. I was considering the idea of making this a "scuba coin" so that the finder must some how photograph the coin under water, be it in a swimming pool, lake, ocean, bathtub, etc and post the picture on the cache they find it in. I haven't hid the coin yet though because I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can kick off the first photo.

Anyway, sorry to hijack there for a sec.

Guppy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reactive View Post
    That's funny you linked to a pathtag. Pathtags are used in geocaching which is one of my other hobbies.
    Geocaching is a favorite here too! I haven't been in to it long, I have about 75 finds. My fiance put together a kit so to speak for me for xmas so that I can start hiding my own caches. It came with some log pads, pencils a bunch of bison tubes, and a trackable coin. I was considering the idea of making this a "scuba coin" so that the finder must some how photograph the coin under water, be it in a swimming pool, lake, ocean, bathtub, etc and post the picture on the cache they find it in. I haven't hid the coin yet though because I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can kick off the first photo.

Just Remember that Pathtags will not last under salt water However if you go to Geocoin Activation Page you can order a coin that is over 1 1/2 inches that may last underwater.
    Did you see my pathtag #9135?

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reactive View Post

My geocaching handle is "scuba dude". I have a wooden-nickel created that I leave in caches of appropriate size. I stopped short of creating a coin though. I have purchased small lots of other coins that I like and sent them out. After seeing how fast they get stolen and lost, I won't invest the money to creat my own coin.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    No. Not me. I chose to keep my hair (and it's original color.)
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    Funny!
    "Stay thirsty my friends"

Grouper
    I know this is an older thread but I finally had my dive flag added under the Texas flag (and did it almost 5 years to the day of my OW certification).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information