Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Pacific - Personal Item

Grouper

Air Pacific - Personal Item

Anyone have any experience with how strict/lax Air Pacific is with their policy for personal item carryon?
    "Are there any brave men left in Washington or are they all cowards?"

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    I know they state that there is a 5kg limit, but when we flew them last year I had over 25kgs and no one even asked me about the bags. One of the "tricks" I've learned it to keep my camera backpack on my back when checking baggage. I've never had a ticket agent ask me about it.
    Check out my photo site: SeaMonsterPhoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoothdome View Post
    I know they state that there is a 5kg limit, but when we flew them last year I had over 25kgs and no one even asked me about the bags. One of the "tricks" I've learned it to keep my camera backpack on my back when checking baggage. I've never had a ticket agent ask me about it.
    I'll be doing the same thing when I fly off to fiji next week.

I always bring a rolling bag with my reg, 2 masks, change of clothes, bathing suit, diveskin, housing and notebook in it. Also have a few books to read in it too.

Then I bring a large bag/purse with my camera, more books, meds, travel docs, etc.

For this coming trip though, I will probably take a backpack instead of my bag and put my reg in it with the other stuff and then just take the reg out and put it back in the rolling bag after I check in.... mainly because I have a bad back and can no longer handle a heavy backpack. At least this way if they do decide to weigh my carryon, it should be ok.

Also, I believe the carryon limit is 7kg or 15 lbs.
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Shark
    I'll find out in April...mrm777, if you have another upcoming trip...post here and let us know how strick they are.

Funeral Jorunna
    I've never had my carry on weighed by any airline including Scott's favorite Lion Air.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by chinacat46 View Post
    I've never had my carry on weighed by any airline including Scott's favorite Lion Air.
    Well you were lucky....both times they asked for the bag in my hand and my Backpack (I was not the only one)....were you greasing someone's palm?

Actually, the only time I have had my carryon bag weighed prior to leaving the US was when I went to Cambodia last March.

I have had my carryon weighed when puddle jumping between islands outside the states...
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Travelnsj View Post
    Well you were lucky....both times they asked for the bag in my hand and my Backpack (I was not the only one)....were you greasing someone's palm?

Think I will have my travel companion for this trip to carry on some of my stuff since she the only thing she will be carrying on this trip will be some books, travel papers and a few personal items.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    [quote=azdiver;333757][quote=Travelnsj;333755]

Think I will have my travel companion for this trip to carry on some of my stuff since she the only thing she will be carrying on this trip will be some books, travel papers and a few personal items.
    My wife is a voracious reader. When we did PNG and Fiji last year she carried like 15 paper backs and left them at various places. This year I'm going to break down and get her a Kindle to cut down on the weight.
    Check out my photo site: SeaMonsterPhoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoothdome View Post
    My wife is a voracious reader. When we did PNG and Fiji last year she carried like 15 paper backs and left them at various places. This year I'm going to break down and get her a Kindle to cut down on the weight.
    I thought about getting a kindle but I like being able to hold a book... and I like being able to leave it behind so others can enjoy reading it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information