Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underwater Ruins - Yonaguni, Japan

TORII TRAINING also has some good info on this site, along with the Emmons.

The Kadena Marina ran a trip out there. I think they are going to make it a biannual event. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was $1400 for airfare, hotel, food, boat, tanks, for 3 days, 3 dives each day.
    Some will, some won't, I might!!!

Grouper
    Images
    My LDS was trying to run a trip last Golden Week, but it was just too expensive. I, personally, consider that a bit steep. Still, would be cool to see the hammerheads...
    The owner of my LDS just laughed when I asked his opinion on if it was man-made.
    It is good, when the winds are high and the storm is tossing the waves about, to watch from shore the struggles of another

I would love to go out there. Personally, I can't believe that they are naturally occuring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some will, some won't, I might!!!

Megalodon
    Images
    I too would love to go to see this site. Intriguing to say the least, fascinating is a better description. Alas, I can only dream right now.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    I first got to know of this site when I watched a Hongkong horror film (very very poor movie). It doesn't matter if it is natural or man-made, the site will be interesting irregardless. In fact all the debates about whether it is man made or natural makes it even more interesting than if one already know the answer.
    “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders.. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free" -- Cousteau

Grouper
    Trailer to the crap movie I was talking about here:
    “From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders.. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free" -- Cousteau

Shark
    um, I'm sorry... anyone who looks at those pictures and says they are naturally occurring is a freaking idiot...

there is zero way possible that mother nature made those perfect angles and perfectly flat terraces...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
    um, I'm sorry... anyone who looks at those pictures and says they are naturally occurring is a freaking idiot...

there is zero way possible that mother nature made those perfect angles and perfectly flat terraces...
    I recall from my basic Earth Science class that there are many types of rock that have naturally occuring perfect angles. I've personally seen natural formations in the wild that are inspiring and would on the surface seem to be of unnatural origin, but are just examples of mother nature at work. FTR, I've never been to site in question and whether it's naturally occuring or manmade effects me little. Just pointing out that nature can be decieving.

Hmm

Always wanted to dive Japan ... my fiance's sister lives near there and turns out is interested in checking it out. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to vacation in Japan ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information