Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underwater Ruins - Yonaguni, Japan

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
    um, I'm sorry... anyone who looks at those pictures and says they are naturally occurring is a freaking idiot...

there is zero way possible that mother nature made those perfect angles and perfectly flat terraces...
    Salt. Quartz, limestone shale, etc., etc...

It's only impossible.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    um, I'm sorry... anyone who looks at those pictures and says they are naturally occurring is a freaking idiot...

there is zero way possible that mother nature made those perfect angles and perfectly flat terraces...
    yea, I've seen what you are talking about... but it is nowhere near what we are looking at here...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Shark

yea, I've seen what you are talking about... but it is nowhere near what we are looking at here...
    None of the stairs seem to be symmetrical, even, or same size. The 'hallway to stairs' pic is the most convincing. But I've walked on a few shale dumps, been in coal mines, and seen ridges that were obviously built. Except they weren't. If they were built, then the idea can withstand any rational analysis. The idea doesn't need to be defended.
    If you see a table, it doesn't need anything else to convince people it's a table. I look at it, yep, table. Another guy looks at it, yep, table. The idea being, if you believe it to be made, not formed, then mercilessly assail the idea it was made. Attack every nook and cranny, every crevice, (or crevasse) of the idea that it was made. If it was made, you can only add to the burden of proof.

Hallway to Stairs

It's only impossible.

Grouper
    Images

Wow! You're insulting a whole lot of people with that one, including about half the geologists/scientists who've dove the site. Thanks for the input, Dr. Mitsu
    It is good, when the winds are high and the storm is tossing the waves about, to watch from shore the struggles of another

Barracuda

I'm not fully sure the extent of the Japanese formations, there are some rather large and interesting naturally occuring formations in Yellowstone National Park and in Northern California (?possibly Mt Shasta area, haven't been there since I was a kid).

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by RikRaeder View Post
    Wow! You're insulting a whole lot of people with that one, including about half the geologists/scientists who've dove the site. Thanks for the input, Dr. Mitsu
    I'm waiting to see his list of peer-reviewed publications before I make a call.

I've seen natural formations like staircases in rock that look man-made, almost perfectly spherical boulders, archways, columns, walls, tessellated floors and rolling waves of rock.
    I've also seen man-made items created long before we thought the technology was available.
    Whether it is man-made or not doesn't diminish the impact of this site.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashee View Post
    I'm waiting to see his list of peer-reviewed publications before I make a call.

I've seen natural formations like staircases in rock that look man-made, almost perfectly spherical boulders, archways, columns, walls, tessellated floors and rolling waves of rock.
    I've also seen man-made items created long before we thought the technology was available.
    Whether it is man-made or not doesn't diminish the impact of this site.
    Science Links Japan | Research for submarine ruins off Yonaguni, Japan.

just one of many that supports they were man made...

ok, so, I know there are many natural occurring instances that appear man made with angles and flat areas and such, even every once in a while, the randomness even takes on appearances such as a human face or what not... Here's my qualm about this one specific area - why is all of this in one specific area? Some say, compare it to the rocks on shore, and I say, they might be the same type of rock and the rocks on shore share a few similarities, such as a few flat faces and a few good angles, but, there is no way that you can say that with all of those different features, that nature did that...

it would appear, through everything I just read, that the main reason that people don't think they were man made was because of the age of the ruins... they are saying approximately 10,000 years ago, which was before man was building stuff out of stone, but at the same time, it's not exactly like we have perfect records from back then, and to assume that all of man kind was on the same speed of advancements is kind of silly too...

for all of the proponents that say they could be naturally occurring, I challenge you to find something else naturally occurring that resembles this in more than just one way...

edit: those almost perfectly round boulders, they found those to be man made...

Shark

well, if I am only insulting half, then that means the other half agrees with me...

Barracuda
    I'd like to remind everyone to play nice, this aint SB.

I'm not really convinced either way on this, if I had to pick I really am not educated enough on the subject to make an informed decision. The main thing that sticks out to me as it leaning toward being naturally occuring is the lack of any tooling marks and that it appears to be from one giant rock. Their really doesn't seem to be any layering or stacking of rocks as I believe are generally seen in most manmade structures. The other thing that you have to sort through is the amount of BS thrown around about it as fact. As an example of what I mean for those old enough to remember think of BS in Chariots of the Gods - a lot of slant mixed in with personal opinion and selective facts.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hammer View Post
    The main thing that sticks out to me as it leaning toward being naturally occuring is the lack of any tooling marks and that it appears to be from one giant rock.
    This university study from 2001 found tool marks...

"Flat terraces, straight walls and its surface structure of walls with scars of tool marks driven in by a wedge on the structure are identified to be artificially fabricated."

Science Links Japan | Research for submarine ruins off Yonaguni, Japan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information