Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanitary Pads in your housing?!?!

Images
    I have been recharging the same silica gels for 5 or 10 years now. Every time I get one I throw it in with the rest. I recharge them (dry them out) in a 150 degree oven for about 3 hours. Anymore heat and you will burn the paper. Then I put then in a canister and vacum seal them until I need them. If the gel is not in the little bags then you can spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 250 for an hour. Works great, last a long time.

I haven't tried microwaving them yet. Has any one done that.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    [quote=DevilDiver;340022]Using Ladies Sanitary Pads in your housing

Make sure you don't leave them in there too long as you stand the chance of getting TSS.

Toxic Scuba Syndrome
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Images
    How much do these things expand when moist?

Guppy
    Images
    I use flower de-hydrator I got from a craft store to recharge my MMs. It can be recharged it's self in the oven
    I'm not a senior citizen -- I'm just a recycled teen-ager

Guppy
    Images
    looks like the sanitary pad thing would work great for small leaks. Probable would have saved my camera on my last trip. Noticed it leaking just after rolling in but didn't get it up and dried quite fast enough
    I'm not a senior citizen -- I'm just a recycled teen-ager

Grouper
    Thanks for the demo and the criteria up front DevilDiver. I've been using a couple of tampons, but I like the small size you're using. I'm wondering, could you use the tape to attach the pad to the side of the case rather than fold it up?

Images

Beef Jerky Dehydrator

Quote Originally Posted by reeldive View Post
    I use flower de-hydrator I got from a craft store to recharge my MMs. It can be recharged it's self in the oven
    I have a dehydrator for making beef jerky and drying fruit. I wonder if that will work. Anyone have any idea how long to run it?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    Some of you guys know entirely too much about these things. I can tell you have been married a long time.

Back when I was in college I worked at a convience store. Once a month, one of the local "burly type guys" would come in and stand around the store. At first, I wasn't sure what he was doing....then I figured it out. He was waiting for the store the clear out. When it did, he would run to the back of the store, grab a box of tampons, and bring it to the counter. He would ask can you put this in a bag for me. He would pay me and quickly leave. Every month we went through this - it got kinda funny. One day he came in with all his hunting buddies and I couldn't resist. As he and his buddies were checking out I yelled, "Hey Earl, you might want to grab a box of tampons - I forgot to get them ordered and we are running low". He looked at me, turned red, and his buddies busted out laughing. Then one of his buddies ran back got a box and brought them to the counter and said, "I'm glad you reminded me, I was suppose to pick up a box yesterday".

I never understood this ritual until I got married. Then I noticed that my wife would send me to the store to pick up things and on the list was tampons. After a few months, I noticed that I was always being sent to the store to get these. (If you have ever tried to buy these things believe me there are so many options - thin, ultras, maxis, with wings, without wings, etc.) I said something to my wife one day about why I was always buying them and she kinda shrugged it off, but I could tell she didn't want to buy them. Today, any time we are shopping together and walk down the aisle I yell to my wife, "Do we need any pads". She really tries to keep away from this area when I'm around and I no longer have to make the trip to buy them.

Snagel

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snagel View Post
    Some of you guys know entirely too much about these things. I can tell you have been married a long time.

Back when I was in college I worked at a convience store. Once a month, one of the local "burly type guys" would come in and stand around the store. At first, I wasn't sure what he was doing....then I figured it out. He was waiting for the store the clear out. When it did, he would run to the back of the store, grab a box of tampons, and bring it to the counter. He would ask can you put this in a bag for me. He would pay me and quickly leave. Every month we went through this - it got kinda funny. One day he came in with all his hunting buddies and I couldn't resist. As he and his buddies were checking out I yelled, "Hey Earl, you might want to grab a box of tampons - I forgot to get them ordered and we are running low". He looked at me, turned red, and his buddies busted out laughing. Then one of his buddies ran back got a box and brought them to the counter and said, "I'm glad you reminded me, I was suppose to pick up a box yesterday".

I never understood this ritual until I got married. Then I noticed that my wife would send me to the store to pick up things and on the list was tampons. After a few months, I noticed that I was always being sent to the store to get these. (If you have ever tried to buy these things believe me there are so many options - thin, ultras, maxis, with wings, without wings, etc.) I said something to my wife one day about why I was always buying them and she kinda shrugged it off, but I could tell she didn't want to buy them. Today, any time we are shopping together and walk down the aisle I yell to my wife, "Do we need any pads". She really tries to keep away from this area when I'm around and I no longer have to make the trip to buy them.

Snagel

Not sure if that's good for the marriage long term, but definitely a clever avoidance method! LOL

With the Nuva Ring, my wife's "Aunt Flo" only visits a couple of times per year, so feminine products are such a rare purchase it's no big deal. One box lasts years!

Grouper
    Images
    And with this thread going, even single men will be in there buying feminine products. LOL. Buy will those store owners/cashiers be confused.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information