Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanitary Pads in your housing?!?!

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images

Question Sanitary Pads in your housing?!?!

Using Ladies Sanitary Pads in your housing

For viewing
    only under the following circumstances:

• Firstly you are an Underwater Photographer, with a desire to not get sea-water in or on your camera?

Then you must also fit one (or more) of the following criteria:
    • You are not married (or in a de-facto relationship for taxation purposes) and don't understand what/why/how women place absorbent things in their underpants once a month.
    • You are under the age of 18 and don't want to know what women put in their underpants once a month.
    • Your married and have never asked what/how your wife puts in her underpants once a month.
    • Promise to only view the photos below this line when your girlfriend (that you only met last week) is not around.
    This is a packaged 'Slimline' Ladies Sanitary Napkin (Pad) They are cheap (compared to new cameras!) - Around $3 - $5 for a pack of 10.

This is how to unwrap the package, lifting the sticky tape

Then open the package to reveal the contents!

Peel the plastic backing from the Napkin (Pad) - (The white thing)

The back of the Napkin (Pad) is sticky - In our situation, we don't want sticky so fold the Napkin (Pad) in half, with the sticky side inwards.

This is how it should now look - no more sticky edges

Look for available space in the lower part of your housing to accommodate the Napkin (Pad), it may need folding again to fit. Try to fit 2 or 3 under the camera base-plate and corners of the camera.

Check to see that no parts of the Napkin (Pad) are going to interfere with 'O' Rings/Controls or Sealing Surfaces. Don't cause a leak by using them.

Now you are prepared to absorb and contain small to moderate amounts of sea-water from sloshing around inside your camera housing. It is reported that these Sanitary Napkins (Pads) are capable of absorbing huge quantities of water.

One acquaintance has told me that the particular pads his wife uses, could save a sinking submarine !!!!
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    Images
    very creative use of available resources.
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Nice visualization....I would not have thought they were thin enough if not for this demo. These look like they would fit in my cases small extra area just fine....(presently using adsorbents from medicine bottles)
    TRUST:::Believing in the honesty and integrety of others...He took me into his confidence...

Barracuda
    Ok...some juvenile, immature male type has to say it...so, it might as well be me. Ewwwwwwww!

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TJDiver View Post
    Ok...some juvenile, immature male type has to say it...so, it might as well be me. Ewwwwwwww!
    • You are under the age of 18 and don't want to know what women put in their underpants once a month.
    DevilDiver

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emt View Post
    Nice visualization....I would not have thought they were thin enough if not for this demo. These look like they would fit in my cases small extra area just fine....(presently using adsorbents from medicine bottles)
    Be careful about re-using those little dehumidifier packets, as they're often dead by the time you get them.

You may be able to recharge them in a microwave or toaster oven set very low, however. There are some websites that discuss this. Best is to just buy some of the packets that are designed specifically to be able to be recharged... they change colors are they're used up (and again when they're restored) so you can tell what's what.

Thanks, will check into it Compudude. It may be easier just to steal some of my teenage girls accessories now that I see how thin the pads are.
    TRUST:::Believing in the honesty and integrety of others...He took me into his confidence...

Grouper
    Images
    Don't get caught! You'll have a whole lot of explaining to do, and it could cause some psychological scarring in your daughters.

Grouper
    Images
    It just amazes me about all the stuff I learn here (even tho I don't want to)
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emt View Post
    Be careful about re-using those little dehumidifier packets, as they're often dead by the time you get them.

You may be able to recharge them in a microwave or toaster oven set very low, however. There are some websites that discuss this. Best is to just buy some of the packets that are designed specifically to be able to be recharged... they change colors are they're used up (and again when they're restored) so you can tell what's what.
    Sealife makes "Moisture Munchers" in very small sizes for their cameras, but I use them in all of my cameras. ScubaToys sells them.

Here's the trick though. Buy one package, and also go to Walgreens and buy a small container of Damp Rid for a few dollars. DampRid is a desiccant that will recharge your Moisture Munchers (or any other capsule desiccants that can be recharged) in about a week. Simply take the Moisture Munchers and drop them in a small container of Damp Rid, wait a few days and they are just as good as new. This process can be repeated virtually endlessly (I have some MM's that have been recharged 50 times by now) and they work great.

Sealife also sells recharging stuff but it is a horrible deal... Damp Rid works much better and is cheaper (if you keep Damp Rid sealed, it will last indefinitely).

For less than $20 you can have a permanent moisture removal system that is completely rechargeable for as long as the little guys last (although, frankly, I think they are much more likely to get lost than worn out).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information