Page 2 of 905 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you happy today?

Guppy
    We started the process of signing for a house today. Big upgrade for us me, wife two boys and a baby on the way. Started in a single wide trailer (now) moving into a 5 bed room beutiful victorian house in December can't wait.

Grouper
    Images
    A Thorazine Slurpee!
    Rick

Grouper
    Sitting with my daughters, watching a sea eagle soaring on the updraft at the end of our point - yesterday evening!

Playing downball with my girls and hearing them say, "Nice try," when the other gets out.

Getting a text from my wife to say she's reached the top of a mountain (literally).

Guests telling us how great our place is... Long Point Break | Facebook (as if we really needed reminding
    Cheers, TD.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Heard this today on a promo.

I was a part of the Hurricane Andrew relief effort. This always reminds me.

YouTube - What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

Edit: Sappy version.

YouTube - Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
    Last edited by Splitlip; 10-24-2009 at 21:11. Reason: sappy version added
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

'course the vid reminds me of my friend (and third cousin) Ralphy Turtoro. Hi did a Louis Armstrong performance in 6th grade. He played the Sax though.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

I survived my first week at my new job; I was able to sleep in till 8:00 this morning ; the weather in Austin was picture perfect; and the Longhorns are kicking Mizzou's booty tonight .... it's been a happy, happy day!!

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by 17-40 View Post
    We started the process of signing for a house today. Big upgrade for us me, wife two boys and a baby on the way. Started in a single wide trailer (now) moving into a 5 bed room beutiful victorian house in December can't wait.
    I said happy, I think you are well into BLISS. Congratulations, that's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatrax View Post
    A Thorazine Slurpee!
    This too is a great idea that I might have to steal. Not for me, but boy do I know someone who needs an extra large thorazine slurpee or twelve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Diver View Post
    Playing downball with my girls and hearing them say, "Nice try," when the other gets out.
    Good kids well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitlip View Post

I was a part of the Hurricane Andrew relief effort. This always reminds me.
    YouTube - What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

You old softie.

Love me some Louis. I've been trying to find his version of "How Long Has This Been Going On" for eons and can't find it. Love it, love it, love it.

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver Kat View Post
    I survived my first week at my new job; I was able to sleep in till 8:00 this morning ; the weather in Austin was picture perfect; and the Longhorns are kicking Mizzou's booty tonight .... it's been a happy, happy day!!

Do tell, what new job? You have been holding out on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post

Do tell, what new job? You have been holding out on me!
    Same Company - well the one that bought the bank I worked at - new boss - similar job. For the next few months I have to do the new job with the new boss and the old job with the old boss, but I found out after the fact, if I had not applied, I would have been out of a job after the system conversion in Feb. So I'm counting my blessings ... even if my sanity is at risk trying to do both jobs!

Yeah. We had a glorious day today. Seas were blown up all week with small craft warnings. I had only planned to dive today, because Mark (mm2002) and I had made plans.

People had been sufing all week. A storm blew through this AM and the seas got glassy, but still anice ground swell.

Mark and I had flat seas, 82 degrees and 70ft plus viz. Pleasant surprise. And..we found a few pearls and something which looked like a gold coin.
    Neither of us however brought a camera.

(Mark, two more of the gems came out of my wetsuit pocket while cleaning. Recovered one. Will look tomorrow for the second.)

Page 2 of 905 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread Information