Page 253 of 905 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 9049

Thread: What made you happy today?

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
    Having experienced a microdiscectomy at age 28 in 2000 and then having a really issue last summer, basically losing all us of my left leg due to pressure on the nerve...I am now healthier and stronger than I think I ever have been...was lucky enough to realize treating what causes the back issue and retraining my body to avoid it in the future is the way to go. I was always an athlete and in shape, but that is not enough if you are drawing your strength from the wrong areas. Thought I would share as surgery can eliminate current discomfort but does not address how you got to begin with...I hope it all works out, back issues are no fun...BR
    It is a pain in the back, lol and it has put a dampner on diving this summer. They are saying where the nerve goes through the vertbrae that arthritis is building up in the hole for the nerve and putting pressure on it. If this next injection dont help I am going to tell them to cut me open an d fix it. The first injection helped a bunch and they want to try one more to see if it might become more permanent. They say that most people will experience it and the brain will slowly tune out the pain and I guess my was too stubborn... Hopefully it will get better soon and I will at least get back to the quarry and that is about all I can afford now with being out of work some this summer.
    Lets see, to dive or not to dive? Well that is a stupid question, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, and then DIVE some more as long as it is safe!!!!!

Grouper
    Happy, oh yeah.

Motorcycling yesterday on a pristine early fall day on West Virginia twisties, on a BMW R1150R.
    Do I have a video of the ride with a music soundtrack? Yep here it is: YouTube - little coal 2010 clip

Today, I rode my Polaris RZR on the Hatfield McCoy ATV trail (hundreds of miles to choose from) video? yep...helmet cam, RZR taking on a nearly impossible climb (incredible chasm) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocaZw22jsc

Tomorrow? Dry suit/doubles at Summersville Lake.

Life is grand.
    Last edited by tonka97; 09-05-2010 at 22:27.
    "God is at the bottom of the sea and
    I dive to find him." Enzo Maiorca

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    I just returned from the Scuba Club of Palm Beach annual labor day grill out.

It was fun to see what everybody looks like with clothes on. The beer was cold and the food good.

The staff treated us like part of the family.

And oh, yeah. I got a free dive.

What they do for these shindigs is ask guests to submit a dozen or so photos which they put in slide show and display at the end of the party in their training room. Anyone who submits photos get's a free dive.

My buddy burned me this year. I had computer problems so he loaded my photos on a disk for. He inserted a really uncomplimentary pic of me that he had taken right up front. Lots of guffaws.

Pay back for last year. I made his disk last year. I loaded sunken shopping carts and a toilet bowel photo. He was unaware. Although it was actually well received by the audience as they thought he was making some kind of arts fartsy environmental statement.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Grouper
    Images
    well, recently nothing really makes me happy, so i ordered me a wrist watch... that sure made my mood better...
    D(r)ive safe!
    Maciej.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by FFDiver View Post
    It is a pain in the back, lol and it has put a dampner on diving this summer. They are saying where the nerve goes through the vertbrae that arthritis is building up in the hole for the nerve and putting pressure on it. If this next injection dont help I am going to tell them to cut me open an d fix it. The first injection helped a bunch and they want to try one more to see if it might become more permanent. They say that most people will experience it and the brain will slowly tune out the pain and I guess my was too stubborn... Hopefully it will get better soon and I will at least get back to the quarry and that is about all I can afford now with being out of work some this summer.
    I hear ya, last summer took two trips to Coz, was not really able to walk to far, but my friends would kinda launch me off the boat and once in the water, i felt great and was able to dive! If you are interested shoot me a PM and I will let you know what I did to fix my issue. My problem the second time around was due to scar tissue from the first surgery putting pressure on the nerve and I was able to fix the issue without surgery...the surgery was actually why I had the issue due to the scar tissue. Obviously listen to your Doctors, but avoiding surgery if possible is the way to go...BR

Shark
    I just saw one of the great concerts in my life at Thornton winery tonight....Chris Botti (Miles Davis is his hero besides Sting) Lisa Fisher (who sings with the Stones, Tina Turner etc) Caroline Cambell (classical violinist and she is a #9...Hot Hot Hot) with Grammy keyboardist, guitarist etc etc in his band. And for the encore Chris had Lisa sing a song from his tour with Andrea Boncelli.....All I can say is OMG...OMG!!!

Spent time with my daughter food shopping and helping her unpack in her new apartment. Sometimes the most mundane things are the most enjoyable!

Barracuda
    Joplin, MO-10 Miles from Blue Water Lake (AKA ORONOGO)
    Finishing Tec 50.
    PADI Dive Master, Master Diver, and Cavern. SDI Solo Diver. DSAT Tec 50. TDI Trimix.

Megalodon
    Images
    For starters: Scubagirl: Nice ink!

This was a great and I mean gret weekend! Even though I didn't get to dive, I sent a worlderful 2.5 days with wife and son on road trip to Tulsa...while not the Taj Mahal, it was still great. A full day at the Tulsa zoo, son had great times-he has a small digital camera and took over 100 pics there. A wonderful evening spent with Packrman and his family followed by another full day at the Oklahoma Aquarium capped with meeting up with Soonerwink and a guided tour of their turtles and sharks that weren't on display. Totally cool to say the least! My son had nothing but good times and thoroughly enjoyed his time with both Packrman and Soonerwink Thanks guys!!!

BTW, son took another 100+ pictures at the aquarium

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    For starters: Scubagirl: Nice ink!

This was a great and I mean gret weekend! Even though I didn't get to dive, I sent a worlderful 2.5 days with wife and son on road trip to Tulsa...while not the Taj Mahal, it was still great. A full day at the Tulsa zoo, son had great times-he has a small digital camera and took over 100 pics there. A wonderful evening spent with Packrman and his family followed by another full day at the Oklahoma Aquarium capped with meeting up with Soonerwink and a guided tour of their turtles and sharks that weren't on display. Totally cool to say the least! My son had nothing but good times and thoroughly enjoyed his time with both Packrman and Soonerwink Thanks guys!!!

BTW, son took another 100+ pictures at the aquarium

Congrats on the trip sounds like you had a wonderful time and it looks like an awesome place!!!
    Lets see, to dive or not to dive? Well that is a stupid question, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, and then DIVE some more as long as it is safe!!!!!

Page 253 of 905 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353753 ... LastLast

Thread Information