Page 3 of 905 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you happy today?

Quote Originally Posted by Splitlip View Post
    Yeah. We had a glorious day today. Seas were blown up all week with small craft warnings. I had only planned to dive today, because Mark (mm2002) and I had made plans.

People had been sufing all week. A storm blew through this AM and the seas got glassy, but still anice ground swell.

Mark and I had flat seas, 82 degrees and 70ft plus viz. Pleasant surprise. And..we found a few pearls and something which looked like a gold coin.
    Neither of us however brought a camera.

(Mark, two more of the gems came out of my wetsuit pocket while cleaning. Recovered one. Will look tomorrow for the second.)
    Nice!! The diving sounds like heaven!!

Long Tailed Thresher Shark

More happy today

*Gave away a 23 dollar ticket to the opera broadcast. One of my friends couldn't make it last minute. I watched people going up to the ticket line and was looking for a student, someone alone, an older person, etc. I handed it to an older lady attending by herself. She was thrilled. Me too felt like Santa.

*While picking up dinner, I ran into two of the nurses who cared for me in the ICU recently. It took us both a few moments to figure out how we knew each other. I was standing and wearing street clothes after all (not a way that they had seen me), and their faces were only vaguely familiar to me (I was out of it while in there). I bought their dinner. They were very happy and expressed a lot of joy in seeing one of their patients out and about in the world in large part due to their efforts.

Edit*almost forgot! For the first time in a while no crazy people made direct contact with me today!
    Last edited by Lulubelle; 10-24-2009 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post
    *Gave away a 23 dollar ticket to the opera broadcast. One of my friends couldn't make it last minute. I watched people going up to the ticket line and was looking for a student, someone alone, an older person, etc. I handed it to an older lady attending by herself. She was thrilled. Me too felt like Santa.

*While picking up dinner, I ran into two of the nurses who cared for me in the ICU recently. It took us both a few moments to figure out how we knew each other. I was standing and wearing street clothes after all (not a way that they had seen me), and their faces were only vaguely familiar to me (I was out of it while in there). I bought their dinner. They were very happy and expressed a lot of joy in seeing one of their patients out and about in the world in large part due to their efforts.
    LOL ... my first thought was ... they didn't recognize you with undies on!!
    (Okay, you can beat me senseless for that one, but I couldn't stop myself!!)

The 2nd thought was ... those were really two sweet things to do .....

Shark
    Came up with a way to apply one of my older ideas to another idea that I've been thinking about for a long time.

Also, my last roommate (hot Russian blonde) is in town for a couple of days and we're doing Sushi!

Inventing is cool!

It's only impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Kat View Post

LOL ... my first thought was ... they didn't recognize you with undies on!!
    (Okay, you can beat me senseless for that one, but I couldn't stop myself!!)

The 2nd thought was ... those were really two sweet things to do .....

They probably didn't recognize me with ANYTHING on Kat! Now you have given me something else to be happy about today, UNDIES. Whoo hoo! I got just as much happy out of it as they did. Maybe more.

Barracuda
    Listening to the Platypus sing all the words to Phineas and Ferb. Petting a shark at the aquarium.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by gNats View Post
    Listening to the Platypus sing all the words to Phineas and Ferb. Petting a shark at the aquarium.
    Come pet some sharks with us here in NC sometime Nat!

who the heck is phineas and ferb, btw?

Barracuda
    Joplin, MO-10 Miles from Blue Water Lake (AKA ORONOGO)
    Looked at fish and pet sharks. Also had authentic Japanese for dinner. Hanging with The Squirrel.
    PADI Dive Master, Master Diver, and Cavern. SDI Solo Diver. DSAT Tec 50. TDI Trimix.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post
    Come pet some sharks with us here in NC sometime Nat!

who the heck is phineas and ferb, btw?
    p&f is a Disney cartoon and where Perry the Platypus originates from. Check it out one time. Great cartoon. I DVR the episodes and watch them in leiu of the reality shows on during prime time.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Shark
    Phineas and Ferb is a secret favorite of mine. Where might I find said silent platypus singing?

Also forgot to mention I've been watching re-runs of MythBusters all day.

It's only impossible.

Page 3 of 905 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread Information