Page 903 of 904 FirstFirst ... 403803853893901902903904 LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 9035

Thread: What made you happy today?

Megalodon
    Images
    Cool! ...lobster salad from a kids cookbook? These modern times. How did it all taste?

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    Cool! ...lobster salad from a kids cookbook? These modern times. How did it all taste?
    Very good, made even better for the laughter we shared. The salad started life as an ordinary green salad. We topped it with canned lobster chunks and sliced persimmon.
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Megalodon
    Images
    Lunch at John's Place!!!!!

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    Images
    I lost my GoPro in the water park in Mexico a couple of weeks ago (boo-hiss!) Yesterday I scored a great deal on a replacement - an ActiveOn CX Gold. The store was sold out so I got the demonstrator model for about half the list price. The reviews I read rate this as an excellent GoPro substitute. And it is compatible with all my GoPro accessories (except the battery and charger - anyone want 1 GoPro Hero 3+ battery and USB charger?)
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Barracuda
    Images
    My twin came over this afternoon and he figured out the last of the wiring on the rat rod. I now have headlamps, running lights, turn signal & brakes lights, Plus it will start & run & shut off. No smoke from any wiring. Now I have to finish the dash part which will take 30 minutes once I get my connector in. It's prewired and labeled as the connecting wires also labeled. Once we get these done we will start cutting out & sealing all the extra wires left over from the original wiring. and from the new harness. Am hoping to get it titled this month.

Barracuda
    Images
    I got all my wiring done on the dash. A friend of mine from Lodge said he could get it inspected by an ASE certified Master Mechanic. I went to see him today & he called his mechanic budy. We went to see him & he said bring it in. He inspected & signed off on it. He said he was impressed with the work. But then ask me why this body. I told him why not. Faxed all 16 pages to DMV to see if I got everything correct. If so I will go next week to get a new VIN # and be able to get a title/ registration .

Barracuda
    Images
    received a call early this morning from the supervisor in Wichita Falls at TxDMV. He said the head guy in Austin DMV has taken the week off to do spring break so it would be next week. He was afraid if he went to anyone else we would be back at square one, sounds good to me.
    On the other hand I went to see the ortho surgeon about my shoulder. He told me that he needed a MRI to figure out which type of shoulder replacement I needed. So in the near future I will be getting a new left shoulder.

Barracuda
    Images
    Well I got my answer this afternoon from the TEXAS DMV. I am to register my vehicle as a reconstructed 1987 Ford bronco II. My title application is 24 pages long and if I have trouble I am to have the local supervisor call the regional supervisor for clarification. I will feel better after I have the reciept in my hand.
    Still haven't heard back from my shoulder surgeon.

Barracuda
    Images
    Well there are miracles still happening. I got my rat rod titled & registered with no problems this morning. After 3 months of jumping through various hoops they said just register it as 1987 Ford Bronco II.Duhhhhhh? Then I go to insure it and the agent starts rolling her eyes trying to find where to classify it before she will quote me a price. I said just put it as the title says. She wants to argue that it has been modified so it can't be insured that way and can't figure out a value. The owner comes in and settles it. It is a 1987 Ford Bronco II, no value needed as I am only getting liability insurance not collision. So I am street legal. Just get the brakes working better and off I go.

Barracuda
    Images
    After talking with a couple of mechanic buddies I decided to change out the master cylinder on the brakes. So after going to the pool I picked one up , came home & installed it then bled the brakes. Took it out for a little test drive and now I can go "Whoah" and she'll whoah. So not to make a few trips to town and around just testing everything out.

Page 903 of 904 FirstFirst ... 403803853893901902903904 LastLast

Thread Information