Page 904 of 905 FirstFirst ... 404804854894902903904905 LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 9042

Thread: What made you happy today?

Barracuda
    Images
    I'm off for a couple of weeks to recover from surgery to repair a hernia. I'm sore and tender down there, dread a cough or sneeze, and can't lift anything heavier than about 10lbs for a couple of days. But in a month or so I should be back to normal, just in time for spring cleaning and garden preparation.
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Barracuda
    Images
    Praying for you mr John . I just got home from 2 dys ib hospita. after havinh a shoulder repeplaced.not allowed to move shoulder for atleasr 2 weeh, just like you I am sore and tender

Barracuda
    Images
    day 7 since surgery & doing fairly well. off all pain meds now, will start back when theraphy begins. still in an imbolizer sling 24 hours a day, next monday i go to see surgeon and get cleared for a pillow sling. feeling pretty helpless right now.

Barracuda
    Images
    Sitting on the floor with three grandkids, putting together a Thomas the Train track that takes up the whole floor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Yaskowich; 04-16-2017 at 11:57.

Barracuda
    Images
    Our daughter has bought her first home! A 3 bedroom townhouse about 5 mins from us. Now comes the fun and games of inspections, banks, lawyers, and packing. She wants to take possession end of June.

Awesome feeling when buying your first home. I remember long ago, feeling so proud and accomplished.

Barracuda
    Images
    Nothing like owning your own home unless it's making the final payment on that home.

Booked a last minute trip to Coz. Heading out end of July. We always stay in town. This time we are at Suites Bahia just to try it out. Thinking of trying a new Div op as well. We typically use Aqua Safari or Dive Paradise.

Happy? Were do I begin? I recently got back from Cenote diving in the Maya Rivera (Playa del Carmen - Tulum), MX area. Had an amazing time in the cenotes. Ate a lot of food at the cenotes as well. The restaurants at the cenotes have some really nice food (empanadas, quesadilla, tacos, etc.). Saw a lot of sidemount divers and I'm thinking I'm going to switch to sidemount soon.

Living back in Toronto, Ontario, Canada right now (miss Dallas and my favourite dive shop). Joined a local dive club and signed up for 7 weekends of diving around Ontario, Canada. Did two sessions in the pool to get used to diving 7mm wetsuit again. Pretty much dialed in and ready to start open water diving again.

Bought a new dive computer. The Perdix from Shearwater. Really like this computer. Absolutely no complaints so far but I have yet to dive it. Bought the AI version. First time using an Air Integrated dive computer. Still have an analogue pressure gauge as a backup. Bought some Olight 14450 batteries for it. It can take either AA batteries or the 14500 Li-ion batteries. Cost is about the same but the Li-ion means less batteries going into the waste. Had an EBL four bay charger but found the ALLMAYBE EC2 charger. This thing is great. The bays are wider than any other charger I have had. So I can actually fit even two of the big 26650 batteries in it at once. It charges at 0.5A normally but you can switch it to 1.0A mode and it charges REALLY fast. The indicator lights quickly let you know how charged the batteries are (0%, 25%, 50%, 75% or full), auto-detects what kind of battery is in the charger and adapts accordingly.

Darrell
    This signature left intentionally blank

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Yaskowich View Post
    Our daughter has bought her first home! A 3 bedroom townhouse about 5 mins from us. Now comes the fun and games of inspections, banks, lawyers, and packing. She wants to take possession end of June.
    We moved her into the new place on Friday. The moving crew was 2 hours late! By the time they arrived I had the truck about 1/3 -1/2 loaded (in the rain!). We were on a tight timeline with the truck so I had to step in. The crew finished the load-up and we made the move in about 3 hours. Then I got busy putting beds together and doing the assorted "screwdriver" stuff. The previous owners had done some crappy small renovations that needed to be fixed (hanging the bedroom closet doors by drilling into drywall and not studs!). I also took the opportunity to upgrade our TV so we could pass the old one to her. Lots of unpacking for her to do but that can be at her own pace. It is a nice place and I am sure she will be comfortable. And I will keep a handyman tool bag packed for those "Help!!!" calls.

Page 904 of 905 FirstFirst ... 404804854894902903904905 LastLast

Thread Information