Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beaver Lake News Piece

Grouper

Beaver Lake News Piece

A local news station did a short segment on Beaver Lake and diving Thursday night. Unfortunately it doesn't show a whole lot of diversity in the video, wish they had shown more of the bluffs, still nice though. Maybe we'll see a small influx of new divers now that they realize there's more than mud and rocks down there.

What Lies Beneath Beaver Lake

Images
    It's a good story, I guess our secret it out. Did you catch the statment at the end about it is illegal to sink anything intentially in the lake and you can be prosecuted? Ooops.

Snagel

Grouper
    From what I've been told Jim over at C&Js had permission to sink those things. It would be kinda stupid for the Army Core to say no considering how much money they make off divers alone from that are. If only some old Navy ships could get way off course and some how find themselves in Beaver Lake when a nasty leak arises .

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    I love to see scuba in the news. I enjoy Beaver Lake and can't wait until it's back to normal, perhaps this Winter will be some great diving there. Still, it's not that bad. My last trip there I visited Bob at the Bluff's and the vis there was pretty good compared to the last trip.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Barracuda Founding Member
    am i the only one that absolutely hates the bluffs?

they're ok i guess, but nothing compared to the other dive spots in that lake.

What's wrong with the bluffs? You have tree's, a ridge, walls, statues all over, a treasure chest that the coins contained within will get you a free airfill for your AL80, but you would be stupid to use only an AL80 to go and get that coin. It's got pretty much everything the other sites do in terms of natural resources. It's deep, has things both shallow and deep to see.

Of course the foundations, planes, heli's and such are elsewhere.

So, what's wrong with it?
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Images
    The only problem I have with it, is that it is 5 hours away from me. (Actually, have never dove it yet, one of the few places I haven't made it too yet).

Snagel

It's about the same for me, that's why I usually go to Table Rock Lake and dive, it's closer and just as fun. Still, I do like Beaver Lake and C&J is a great dive shop to putter around at. Jim's got a lot of stuff to buy and do as well.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Grouper
    I think the bluffs look pretty cool and the visibility there is some of the best around the lake. On top of that, you don't need a boat to get to it. If there's other sites that you don't need a boat for I'd love to hear them, always looking for something new.

cummings care to elaborate more on the treasure chest? I'm guessing it's primarily there for tech divers but I'm curious.

Grouper
    Images
    I dig the bluffs, I hadn't dove them for a while but my last 4 dives were there. Someone put out some new statues, they were nice dives with decent viz. Even a night one feeding the walleye, they were using the light to hunt. Now we just had about 5 inches of rain on Thurs, I'm sure the viz is down now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information