Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedback on a wrist computer

TadPole

Question Looking for some feedback on a wrist computer

I'm getting ready to head to Cozumel in a couple of months and I'm looking for a new dive computer. I have an Aeris now that I find very user UN-friendly!! I'm looking for something...well..user friendly. I saw an ad for the Oceanic Veo 100 wrist computer the other day and it apears to be just what the doctor ordered. I already have a compass and pressure guage from my current dive console that I would use, as it appears from what I've read that tank pressure is not an option on the Veo 100. I'm curious if anyone out there has some experience with this computer..I've tried to find a review on this model and can't seem to find one. Thanks in advance for the help

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Correct me if I'm wrong people, but I believe Aeris and Oceanic computers are made by the same manufacturer?

TadPole
    I have the veo 100 nx which is the new veo 100 with nitrox. I like it, it is really simple, and does everything you need for recreational diving. Just has one button ... so not much you can do wrong.

I also thought that Aeris and Oceanic had the same computers, just with their own branding and model numbers. Make sure the veo 100 is not just the oceanic version of the aeris one you dont like

I think the aeris has slight bigger number display

leaning towards the dive rite nitrex duo, seems like people like it the numbers are easy to read and you can use the buttons under water with mininal difficulty
    NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE
    A GOOD PLACE TO GO http://www.calypsodiversinc.com/

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    A few thoughts just to confuse everyone here!

Yes, Aeris and Oceanic computers are really about the same computer - as are the Genesis / Sherwoods... All come from the same factory.

But; there are differences in the different models. So I don't know which Aeris the original poster has - but there probably is an equivelant oceanic. And a different model of the Aeris or Oceanic might be easier for him to use.

As far as the Dive rite... Guess what - that's not a Dive Rite computer. It's actually a Seiko. And the same computer is also sold under the Tusa name:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai...ODUCT_ID=IQ700

The difference being the Tusa has a free download of the software on their site (still have to buy the cable though) and comes with a 2 year instead of a one year warranty.

Moderator ST-Forum Mod Charles R's Avatar
    Images
    I like the Tusa 800 it is a great computer and it will vibrate to alert you.
    "If you can't get wet doing it, it can't be fun"

well seen the story because of the download cable on your site. but i think the guys on binkii atoll have a different opinion as some of that ( opening up a can of worms i am sure)
    personal i like to have all my equipment match,
    NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE
    A GOOD PLACE TO GO http://www.calypsodiversinc.com/

Guppy
    I have the DR Duo. Just got it about 3 month's ago. I have about 25 dive's on it now and works great (good size #'s and BEEP'S at you when you are doing something you aren't suppose to do).. It's my first wrist mont and it took a lil getting use to.

TadPole

tanks everyone for the info...? for jpatmore...

I'm glad you like your Veo 100 nx..that's good to know...have you used it on many dives? Reason I ask...I just found a review that said that it quit on him after 2 dives...don't want that to happen to me!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information