Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dive Rite Transpac

Grouper Founding Member
    The Transpac is not a back plate since it's note a plate. I dive the diverite transplate which has the same harness as the transpac but with a back plate. I have tried the transpac and didn't like it as much. But some of my friends love it. Both are design for tech. diving but are very well suited for rec. diving.

TadPole
    I have the transplate also and love it. The SST plate is heavy and put the weight under the floatation, as compared to the transpac, which would have to have some sort of weight pockets. I dive singles and would like to look into steel tanks and possibly some trim weights to keep even more weight off my belt strap.

Whats a good rule of thumb for the minimum amout of ditchable weight to be safe?

Grouper Founding Member
    I have dove in a Transpack and found it to be a little different thsn my Knighthawk, the "harness" piece is a little more rigid, and does hold things a little more secure.
    I also liked the idea of the different bladders that can be swapped out quick.
    If you were going to have one BC, and needed to be able to travel and weren't planning on going DIR and doing alot of doubles diving it would be something I would look at.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    I have the transplate also and love it. The SST plate is heavy and put the weight under the floatation, as compared to the transpac, which would have to have some sort of weight pockets. I dive singles and would like to look into steel tanks and possibly some trim weights to keep even more weight off my belt strap.

Whats a good rule of thumb for the minimum amout of ditchable weight to be safe?
    As long as you can swim your rig up from the bottom with no air in your BC and full tanks, you don't need any ditchable weight.

If you can't, you should consider getting some. Preferably something you can ditch in bits so you don't rocket to the surface. I like the XS Scuba pocket weight belt. (With hard weights) Very comfortable, you hardly feel it since the weights are all outside, and you can drop as much or as little as you want at any time, plus it's super easy to swap out weights if you change exposure suit and need a different amount.

Barracuda
    Images
    Parrothead, you should consider adding location information to your profile. Somebody in your area may have a BP/W that they will let you try, or they may know of a LDS that rents them.
    P.S. Fillexpress in Pomano Beach, FL rents Diverite gear. 50% of the rental goes toward purchase price if you decide to buy.

Wow, I am starting to feel like a FillExpress whore. Really, I don't have any affiliation to them. I just spend a lot of time and money there ;-)
    * If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes *

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information