Thread: Diving in Toronto

TadPole

Diving in Toronto

Hi Guys

I live in the Uk and I looking to take my holdidays with a view to two weeks of diving in and around the Toronto area, any info on the best shops to hire gear from as the airlines seem to be pretty stingy on luggage allowance

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Grundy View Post
    Hi Guys

I live in the Uk and I looking to take my holdidays with a view to two weeks of diving in and around the Toronto area, any info on the best shops to hire gear from as the airlines seem to be pretty stingy on luggage allowance
    Hi Alison. You are diving in the Toronto area? That would be like diving in London. Nice city but not where you go to do diving. You want to either go east to Picton (or farther), south-west to Niagara region or north to Tobermory.

Where to hire gear depends on (a) what kind of gear and (b) which direction you are heading for diving.

If you have Google Earth (free desktop application) you should get a copy of the Ontario Underwater Council's wreck map.

You can use the map to find all the best dive sites. Then you'll have an idea of where you want to dive. Once you know where you want to dive, post your desired dive sites here and I can tell you who is a good shop to rent from.

Also, are you looking to rent wet or dry? Wet is easy but not as many places rent drysuits. Also, what time of year will you be here? Some shops are only open from May until October.

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll make sure to hook you up.

Thread Information