Thread: Aeris Commander

TadPole

Aeris Commander

Has anyone used this bag? Is it a good bag? How much does it hold?

Aeris Commander Duffel Dive Gear Bag reviews and discounts, Aeris

Grouper Founding Member

Barracuda
    Images
    I have seen the Aries and I don't think they are worth the money. Our local LDS was giving them away free with purchase of a Aries BC and Reg.

I just purchased a couple of Osprey bags because of the life time warranty even against airline damage. They are over priced but they should be the last bags I have to purchase.

Sojourn Series : : Osprey Packs, Inc.

From Osprey Site:

Therefore, we thought it only appropriate to celebrate our 35th anniversary by launching an all encompassing guarantee – any product, any reason, any era – The Osprey All Mighty Guarantee.
    Osprey will repair for any reason, free of charge, any damage or defect in our product – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If we are unable to perform a functional repair on your pack, we will happily replace it. We proudly stand behind this guarantee, so much so that it bears the signature of company founder and head designer, Mike Pfotenhauer.
    - Dennis ><()))">

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    I'm not sure of these other bags listed, but the big thing I have seen with non-scuba type bags is many use standard steel screws and axles instead of stainless, and I've seen screws holding the bag together rust out... and zippers, axles, hubs, etc. So just make sure that stuff is a 300 series stainless and it might work for you.

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
    I'm not sure of these other bags listed, but the big thing I have seen with non-scuba type bags is many use standard steel screws and axles instead of stainless, and I've seen screws holding the bag together rust out... and zippers, axles, hubs, etc. So just make sure that stuff is a 300 series stainless and it might work for you.
    Never thought of that but could see a problem throwing wet gear in the bag.

TadPole
    Well I have had my Commander for just over a month now. I have only used it to transport my stuff in my truck so far so no airline travel yet. So far I like how sturdy it feels. I wish there were a few smaller pockets in it to hold little things. It isn't quite as big as I had hoped but it will hold all my stuff minus my pony but its tight. I suspect while traveling it will hold more than enough since I won't be carrying all my extra's such as dive float and flag, pony etc... Right now it holds my BP/W, 5mil full wet, 5mil gloves, thin gloves, dive light, knife, fins(which the fin pockets are nice), 5mil boots, reg bag, dive float and flag, spare weight belt and weights, mask, computer and box, and a few small others. When fully loaded with all of this the only thing I can't fit is my pony, if I take out the dive flag and float and spare weight belt I can fit my pony. Overall I am very happy so far with this setup and would recommend as a sturdy travel bag. Also the feature I like the most is that it stands upright even when fully loaded without a problem.

Thread Information