Page 416 of 452 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4515

Thread: What pissed you off today?

Barracuda
    Images
    <Swear word> <Swear word> Airline! United has cancelled the flight I was going to take to Bonaire and the return. Lots of time on hold with Expedia and a helpful agent and I am re-booked for a later arrival in BON and a complicated return trip that adds about 5 hours to my travels. <more swear words>
    And on the eighth day, God said, "OK, Murphy, you take over"

Shark
    arrgh.... I feel your pain..... think of me while I'm dry and cold!!!
    God is good, no matter what!!

Images
    Was the cancellation weather related?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    I know over a 1,000 flights were cancelled out of Dallas due to weather and that rolls down hill.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    "Newsflash! If you traveling to Bonaire and did your own airfare on United on the red eye via Newark or Houston, those flights have been cancelled and they now depart in the morning. Be sure to check your reservations immediately." From my preferred travel agency. Appears to be a schedule change from United.
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    Was the cancellation weather related?
    Considering it is a flight scheduled for April 2014, if they know what the weather is going to be like that far out, please let my local forecaster know what today's weather is going to be. And while you are looking in your crystal ball, I would appreciate the specific numbers for Friday's lottery draw ($50 million would go a long way towards a nice dive trip!).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Yaskowich View Post
    Considering it is a flight scheduled for April 2014, if they know what the weather is going to be like that far out, please let my local forecaster know what today's weather is going to be. And while you are looking in your crystal ball, I would appreciate the specific numbers for Friday's lottery draw ($50 million would go a long way towards a nice dive trip!).
    LOL, you never mentioned the date. With your panties in such a bunch,I assumed that the flight was today. I have been watching the news and another 1,000 or so flights have been canceled due to weather. So,if you are thinking of going a little earlier, like today, it's not a good idea.

We down here in the lower 48 tend to panic with a 1/4 inch of snow and rack up 1,000's of car accidents. I live in Texas and one year we had an ice storm and 1,500 car accidents in just a couple of hours. Yep, we like it big here in Houston.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    Images
    I know all about weather cancellations - my LAST planned trip to Bonaire was scrubbed because of weather (I wrote about it somewhere up-thread, April 2013). I was just grumbling about an airline selling me a ticket on one itinerary and then arbitrarily cancelling the flights so things get royally screwed up. A 1:30pm arrival in Bonaire, instead of 4:40am, means I won't be able to dive at all on Saturday, so I will probably have 2 or 3 fewer dives on my DIVING holiday. And the return trip is now through Houston and Detroit with a very tight connection in Detroit, rather than a one-stop in Newark. At least it is better than the first return trip they had me on - I was supposed to be leaving Newark 2 hours before I arrive there. Neat trick! As I said in the "What's Bad About Bonaire" thread, getting there is a pain.

Up here in the Great White North we need at least a foot of snow in one snowfall before we notice it. I think we had one "closed due to weather" day last year and that was because of freezing rain.

Shark
    we had a flight out of Ft Lauderdale and it was changed to leave 2 hours earlier than scheduled. they notified us by leaving a message on our home phone and on our email we had checked out of our hotel and did not have internet access on our dumb phones....... they did not call the cell phone number that we had given to them as the 1st place to notify us.... fortunately we were returning our car early so that we would not have to pay an extra day and were at the airport in time....dumb luck.... you may have the opportunity to reschedule your current mess of a return trip sometime before april....
    God is good, no matter what!!

Images
    That arbitrary cancellation sucks. I thing a letter of complaint may net you a free ticket to somewhere.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 416 of 452 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426 ... LastLast

Thread Information