Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best travel gear bag

Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Did a quick search as I am always looking for a better bag and found this link:

Armor Wheeled Travel Backpack Protective Bag - Outdoor Recreation - Pool Supplies

Just under $40 including shipping for one of their best bags. Impressive... wonder how well they hold up.
    That's just for the protective cover over the bag, they want $239 for the actual bag at that site.Armor Travel Bag

Good catch... looked too good to be true.

Grouper
    Costco - Drop Bottom Rolling Duffel bag (I paid $30, now selling for $40). No scuba logos to attract thieves. Hidden backpack straps with waist belt. Wonderful return policy.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrubble View Post
    Costco - Drop Bottom Rolling Duffel bag (I paid $30, now selling for $40). No scuba logos to attract thieves. Hidden backpack straps with waist belt. Wonderful return policy.
    Nice bag - I think I've seen it in Costco, but weighs in at 11.5 pounds which means more than a 5th of your allowable weight is already eaten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Kat View Post
    Nice bag - I think I've seen it in Costco, but weighs in at 11.5 pounds which means more than a 5th of your allowable weight is already eaten up.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but it is affordable. I'm looking for something lighter.

Grouper
    The drop-bottom part and the wheels add a significant amount of weight to the Costco rolling duffel. I thought the backpack straps wouldn't be very useful at first, but I've actually used them a couple times and they do work. I'm not so sure that the bag is prohibitively heavy. The Akona Lightweight Rolling Duffel of comparable size weighs 9 lbs. 6 oz. I can live with an extra 2 lbs. given the price and excellent return policy.

Quote Originally Posted by greylion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver Kat View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but it is affordable. I'm looking for something lighter.
    Walmart lists several rolling duffel bags that are reasonable in price and weight - I attached a link for one. If they carry them in the store you might be able to check out the durability. Problem is always once you start adding wheels and pull handles it pops the weight up.

Walmart.com: Traveler's Club 30" Rolling Duffel, Navy: Luggage

Thanks Kat, that is a good deal.

I talked to my wife this morning about this and we seem to be leaning towards a Stahlsac Jamaican Smuggler or Cozumel Cruiser or Armor Light Armor roller. Anyone own one of these?

Stahlsac Jamaican Smuggler Roller Dive Bag reviews and discounts, Stahlsac

Armor 110 Light Armor Roller Dive Bag reviews and discounts, Armor

Stahlsac Cozumel Cruiser Duffel Dive Bag reviews and discounts, Stahlsac

Quote Originally Posted by greylion View Post
    Thanks Kat, that is a good deal.

I talked to my wife this morning about this and we seem to be leaning towards a Stahlsac Jamaican Smuggler or Cozumel Cruiser or Armor Light Armor roller. Anyone own one of these?

Stahlsac Jamaican Smuggler Roller Dive Bag reviews and discounts, Stahlsac

Armor 110 Light Armor Roller Dive Bag reviews and discounts, Armor

Stahlsac Cozumel Cruiser Duffel Dive Bag reviews and discounts, Stahlsac
    Haven't seen these, but both Stahlsac & Armor make good products.

Barracuda
    Images
    I purchased the Osprey bags after a friend sent his 12 year old Osprey bag in for warranty service and they basically sent him back a new bag. The down size in they are expensive but with a life time warranty against any damage including airline damage I figured they were worth it. I really like the compression straps and they are longer than standard back so full size fins fit. The carry on has a detachable day pack that doubles as you second carry on.

Osprey Packs, Inc. :2010: Official Site

Carry on bag we purchased.

- Dennis ><()))">

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information