Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best travel gear bag

Look for a wheeled tennis duffle bag. One that's sewn square with a big racket pocket on the outside - a pair of XL Split fins fit in there with a some effort. I think the TSA just leaves them in there...lol.

I have one that I paid $50 for at least 5 years ago. It has a hard plastic bottom with rubber skids. An internal metal bracket holds the wheel axle and the telescoping handle. The wheels are about the size of roller blade wheels.

It takes all my gear, (including my Ranger with a doubles wing) all my clothes, and I'm often still around 45 lbs until I fill it with junk I never use. I don't carry a wetsuit though. Mine is a neutral blue with no logos. It does not have a separate compartment for clothes.

It's made by Pinnacle. (not the dive people)

It does not stand on it's own but the flat top allows me to clip my carry-on roller on top of it for transport - I have a clip that goes through the top handle conveniently. It has one small 1" tear near the top after 5+ years of 2-3 Int'l flights/year.
    Last edited by diversteve; 03-05-2010 at 00:59.

Images
    Does anyone have a DiveCaddy bag? Just found it today online, looks like a pretty neat idea though it's not budget-priced. But, it's certainly cheaper than the lightweight Samsonite luggage the wife and I bought a few months ago.
    "It is better to be hurt on the surface, than dead on the bottom."

TadPole
    Im considering the dive caddy as well just i don't know if you can lock it? No lokc is fine for carry one but often when traveling to remote areas or even taking a bus you carry one items that would otherwise be carry on for a plane. As for a great carry one bag try the Osprey Porter 46. My favorite travel bag.

TadPole
    Which carry-on did you get? Never know what's gonna happen to all these toys if checking in. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Okc_diver View Post
    I have a small carry-on that holds all my gear made by deep see and it costs under 100.00 can also be used as a backpack

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cbope View Post
    Does anyone have a DiveCaddy bag? Just found it today online, looks like a pretty neat idea though it's not budget-priced. But, it's certainly cheaper than the lightweight Samsonite luggage the wife and I bought a few months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren View Post
    Im considering the dive caddy as well just i don't know if you can lock it? No lokc is fine for carry one but often when traveling to remote areas or even taking a bus you carry one items that would otherwise be carry on for a plane. As for a great carry one bag try the Osprey Porter 46. My favorite travel bag.
    I know it's an older thread... I have a dive caddy and I do like it. A few caveates:

1. No, you can not lock it,
    2. it is a little pricey, but I think for me it was worth it.
    3. There is a learning curve to packing it. The more you use it or play with it the better and easier it gets.
    4. The section for a wetsuit is more planned for a one-piece 3/2 or equivalent. But the spider bag will accomodate a 7 mil j/j.

I've not had a problem yet with carrying it on the plane with me. It's a little big, but will fit unre most airline seats or up above. Underneath, you will probably have to remove the top "turtle bag" to fit but it comes off easy.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wereeagle View Post
    Which carry-on did you get? Never know what's gonna happen to all these toys if checking in. Thanks,
    It's made by deep see:

Deep See: Part of the Aqua Lung Family of Brands
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information