Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best travel gear bag

Best travel gear bag

I want a light weight travel bag that will hold my dive gear and some clothes for a 5 day trip to a warm water destination and weigh in under 50 lbs., what is your favorite?

Barracuda
    Images
    Travel Concepts' Viaggio semi-rigid sided generic suitcase, obtained cheaply at Tuesday Morning.

It'll hold my gear and clothes and come in at under 50 lbs. Best part is that it doesn't scream "Steal Me, Because I'm Full of Scuba Gear."
    - Fisheater

Barracuda Founding Member
    A large rolling luggage bag. When I fly with gear for a week or more I take to rolling bags. One has most of my gear, the other clothes plus gear that's wouldn't fit the larger roller.

Grouper
    Idk what gear u guys use or what clothes u weR but my dive gear doesn't all fit in my largish rolling bag!!!!!
    Diving Rocks! along with tugboating

Grouper
    Images
    I have a small carry-on that holds all my gear made by deep see and it costs under 100.00 can also be used as a backpack
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Barracuda
    Images
    There are a few more details or considerations needed. What will the ground portion of the trip be like? Any long carry or rough rolling required?
    Will you use the bag at the resort for transport of gear? Will you use this bag to take your gear on the boat or bring a boat bag as well?

I do second the idea of buying bags that dont scream NICE SCUBA GEAR INSIDE!

Barracuda
    Images
    I buy a rolling duffle from wal-mart for $19.00.It holds my gear except my mask which I carryon as I can't see without the lens. its cheap and has held up from 2 trips to egypt & 1 to cozumel.

Quote Originally Posted by WaScubaDude View Post
    There are a few more details or considerations needed. What will the ground portion of the trip be like? Any long carry or rough rolling required?
    Will you use the bag at the resort for transport of gear? Will you use this bag to take your gear on the boat or bring a boat bag as well?

I do second the idea of buying bags that dont scream NICE SCUBA GEAR INSIDE!
    Strictly air travel dragging through the terminal and to the hotel but not to the boat. I want something not just for my dive gear, but also a seperate compartment for clothes. This would be a checked bag.

The Dive Caddy would be cool to own, but my wife isn't going to throw one of those on her back and carry it through the airport, she wants a roller bag.

I've been considering a bag from Armor in their Light Armor collection?

Did a quick search as I am always looking for a better bag and found this link:

Armor Wheeled Travel Backpack Protective Bag - Outdoor Recreation - Pool Supplies

Just under $40 including shipping for one of their best bags. Impressive... wonder how well they hold up.

Funeral Jorunna
    I just use a duffle bag which weighs about 2lbs empty. One thing you should keep in mind when traveling is you might have a 50lb limit on your international flight but once you are in another country many internal flights have a 20Kg(44lbs) limit.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information