Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best travel gear bag

Hybrid View

Best travel gear bag

I want a light weight travel bag that will hold my dive gear and some clothes for a 5 day trip to a warm water destination and weigh in under 50 lbs., what is your favorite?

Barracuda
    Images
    Travel Concepts' Viaggio semi-rigid sided generic suitcase, obtained cheaply at Tuesday Morning.

It'll hold my gear and clothes and come in at under 50 lbs. Best part is that it doesn't scream "Steal Me, Because I'm Full of Scuba Gear."
    - Fisheater

Barracuda Founding Member
    A large rolling luggage bag. When I fly with gear for a week or more I take to rolling bags. One has most of my gear, the other clothes plus gear that's wouldn't fit the larger roller.

Grouper
    Idk what gear u guys use or what clothes u weR but my dive gear doesn't all fit in my largish rolling bag!!!!!
    Diving Rocks! along with tugboating

Grouper
    Images
    I have a small carry-on that holds all my gear made by deep see and it costs under 100.00 can also be used as a backpack
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Barracuda
    Images
    There are a few more details or considerations needed. What will the ground portion of the trip be like? Any long carry or rough rolling required?
    Will you use the bag at the resort for transport of gear? Will you use this bag to take your gear on the boat or bring a boat bag as well?

I do second the idea of buying bags that dont scream NICE SCUBA GEAR INSIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by WaScubaDude View Post
    There are a few more details or considerations needed. What will the ground portion of the trip be like? Any long carry or rough rolling required?
    Will you use the bag at the resort for transport of gear? Will you use this bag to take your gear on the boat or bring a boat bag as well?

I do second the idea of buying bags that dont scream NICE SCUBA GEAR INSIDE!
    Strictly air travel dragging through the terminal and to the hotel but not to the boat. I want something not just for my dive gear, but also a seperate compartment for clothes. This would be a checked bag.

The Dive Caddy would be cool to own, but my wife isn't going to throw one of those on her back and carry it through the airport, she wants a roller bag.

I've been considering a bag from Armor in their Light Armor collection?

TadPole
    Which carry-on did you get? Never know what's gonna happen to all these toys if checking in. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Okc_diver View Post
    I have a small carry-on that holds all my gear made by deep see and it costs under 100.00 can also be used as a backpack

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cbope View Post
    Does anyone have a DiveCaddy bag? Just found it today online, looks like a pretty neat idea though it's not budget-priced. But, it's certainly cheaper than the lightweight Samsonite luggage the wife and I bought a few months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren View Post
    Im considering the dive caddy as well just i don't know if you can lock it? No lokc is fine for carry one but often when traveling to remote areas or even taking a bus you carry one items that would otherwise be carry on for a plane. As for a great carry one bag try the Osprey Porter 46. My favorite travel bag.
    I know it's an older thread... I have a dive caddy and I do like it. A few caveates:

1. No, you can not lock it,
    2. it is a little pricey, but I think for me it was worth it.
    3. There is a learning curve to packing it. The more you use it or play with it the better and easier it gets.
    4. The section for a wetsuit is more planned for a one-piece 3/2 or equivalent. But the spider bag will accomodate a 7 mil j/j.

I've not had a problem yet with carrying it on the plane with me. It's a little big, but will fit unre most airline seats or up above. Underneath, you will probably have to remove the top "turtle bag" to fit but it comes off easy.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wereeagle View Post
    Which carry-on did you get? Never know what's gonna happen to all these toys if checking in. Thanks,
    It's made by deep see:

Deep See: Part of the Aqua Lung Family of Brands
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information