Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon G11 vs S90

Grouper
    The lever is actually an advantage, why you ask? Because it allows more travel and thus more feel or feedback. The lever release allows you to feel the half press very easily. A push button is direct, has less travel and is more difficult to feel or get feedback as to position. IMO, for what it is worth, I would much prefer a lever and most premium housings have a lever, not a button.

The strobe cable adapter comes with the housing, the little blanking shield is extra, some people will probably just use electrical tape. The adapter has holes for Inon optical cables and I assume the other two holes are for Sea & Sea and YS.

TWO!!!???!!!??? Why?

N

Guppy
    Was asking about the lever because a) I prefer and from the pictures it looked like a front to back lever but was not sure and b) Thinking of my tray handle to lever distance and angles, thinking of buying a new tray with slots rather than holes to slide the handle to where it feels more comfortable. On my previous rig I had to modify the tray cause my hand was uncomfortable between the handle and the shutter lever. As to the cable, Im thinking of using one sea and sea 27dx and one INON and did not know if I should cable both to the adapter or trigger one optically with the other, had failures with optical fires when pointing the strobes at an angle. But I think Im starting to think this will be my next rig. Thanks for all the input...

Grouper
    No, the lever is left to right and pushes down on the front right corner of the housing. This camera housing is so small once you get it, whatever you are planning now will change--guaranteed.

I see no problem with optical connection of the strobes, both to the FIX plug.

Good luck.

N

Guppy
    Thanks. Wont be for another few months, but if I get it ready I will post some pics. Got to dismantle all my current rigs and see how can I maximize the parts I already have ... Fun fun...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information