Thread: Aeris Reef Rider weight pockets

Grouper

Aeris Reef Rider weight pockets

I just got my XL Reef Rider in today from ST (thanks guys). Overall, I like it and looking forward to trying it out soon.

I have one question that I hope either one of the ST folks or someone who has one of these can help with.

Weight pockets/pouches - they're a bit different than what I've used in the past (Mares Icon) and the printed manual with its little-bitty B&W photos leaves a lot to question. Do you dump your weight pouches via opening the pocket with the zipper or is the plastic buckle somehow involved?

Thanks!

TadPole
    You could do either, but it's designed to dump from the plastic buckle on the bottom. It's a bit of a stretch to reach them - but you reach back, click out the buckle, and the weights drop.

The most I can load it up with is 20-22 pounds (10 in the back, 12 in the front). But I kind of like using a weight belt with it - that way I can just focus on one release and have more control over how much weight I'd drop (assuming I needed to).

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by CalBearister99 View Post
    You could do either, but it's designed to dump from the plastic buckle on the bottom. It's a bit of a stretch to reach them - but you reach back, click out the buckle, and the weights drop.

The most I can load it up with is 20-22 pounds (10 in the back, 12 in the front). But I kind of like using a weight belt with it - that way I can just focus on one release and have more control over how much weight I'd drop (assuming I needed to).
    Thanks Cal.

How many dives have you done with it? How do the back weight pockets affect trim?

Thread Information