Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of DSS - Halcyon Infinity System

Grouper
    one interesting issue if it's used in rental fleets or with different divers is that you have to move the d rings every time and adjust everything

TadPole
    I just bought a "cinch system" for my Eclipse. I don't have the best flexible range with my right shoulder and wearing my 7mm wetsuit I don't get that great of flexatation...is that even a word? At the price of new I feel blessed that I only have $150 into mine.

I am curious if the padding is worth it though?

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtSteelin View Post
    I just bought a "cinch system" for my Eclipse. I don't have the best flexible range with my right shoulder and wearing my 7mm wetsuit I don't get that great of flexatation...is that even a word? At the price of new I feel blessed that I only have $150 into mine.

no the shoulder straps are kind of wonky and I saw them come off during a dive. it may have been a prototype though, as the guy using it works at halcyon. they may have fixed that by now.

but with a 7 mil wetsuit you wont need (or feel) any padding anyway

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtSteelin View Post

My infinity around a couple weeks ago and dove it once in the pool with Oxycheq wing installed. I like the cinch system works as advertized. Makes it super easy to get in and out of and the straps will only move when there isnít any weight on the straps.

The shoulder pads attach with three separate Velcro straps around the harness and also a tab goes though the upper slots on the back plate and attached to the pad. It would hard for these to come off in the water.

The back pad is nice and it and has a pocket for SMB or lift bag built into the back pad. The difference is that the pocket runs from the bottom of the plate to the top and about 4 inches wide. I can carry a 50lbs lift bag folded 4 inches wide then folder in half.

I did remove the cinch system and tried to install it on a Hollis plate the slots for the webbing will not line up. So installing on non-Halcyon plate is probably not going to work but I already figured it wouldn't.
    - Dennis ><()))">

Cool Great BCD

I was a sceptic when I first saw the Halcyon Infinity when diving with a buddy who had just purchased it (2 yrs ago). After seeing how much more movement he had and how easily he got in and out of it, I asked to try it and was do umpressed I went to the shop and purchased one myself. Since then I've given that one to my son and have purchased another. The only modifications I've made to them is adding an Air2 system to them simply to have one less hose "dangling" or clipped to a D ring when I dive. Recently just to make a change I dove my Scubapro Nighthawk and gave my Halcyon a break and although the Nighthawk is a great BCD, after my first dive I switched back to my Halcyon for the remaining dives. Theres no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Txdiver345 View Post
    I was a sceptic when I first saw the Halcyon Infinity when diving with a buddy who had just purchased it (2 yrs ago). After seeing how much more movement he had and how easily he got in and out of it, I asked to try it and was do umpressed I went to the shop and purchased one myself. Since then I've given that one to my son and have purchased another. The only modifications I've made to them is adding an Air2 system to them simply to have one less hose "dangling" or clipped to a D ring when I dive. Recently just to make a change I dove my Scubapro Nighthawk and gave my Halcyon a break and although the Nighthawk is a great BCD, after my first dive I switched back to my Halcyon for the remaining dives. Theres no comparison.
    Air2you or your buddy will die Seriously, if you do not already, do lots of OOA drills, theory behind Air2s is ok but execution is a different story entirely. I have used one before and found it less that optimal YMMV. However Im sure with lots of practice they can and are used safely. Problem often is that people don't practice using them and discover in an emergency when actually need to use that it is far more difficult, task loading, than anticipated. If you are one of those divers that does practice please ignore this post, even if you are not you can still ignore. Good luck, safe diving.

TadPole
    I just purchased a halcyon infinity system and love if (minus the weight pockets). Took it to the lake for its first dive today. It performed flawlessly.

TadPole
    I'm a huge fan of my halcyon infinity also! The cinch system is pretty cool, too, although mine has gotten stiffer to move over time. Anyone else experience that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information