Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats

TadPole

Cats

I have a neighborhood cat that gets into my boat everyday. It's under my carport and does not have a cover on it. I don't want to cover it because during the summer we may use it every day; the boat launch is around the corner. I am not into killing a cat or even relocating it because it has a collar and I'm sure it belongs to one of the neighborhood kids and don't want to be responsible for any tears. Today I laid a spike strip across the swim platform (see image if it uploads) and hung scent wicks saturated in fox urine around the boat. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kac215; 03-10-2010 at 19:51. Reason: forgot image

Shark
    Images
    The cover never kept our 2 cats out of our boat. The gifts of left over body parts and hairballs was not fun to clean when we wanted to use the boat. Now the cats scatter their prizes on the front porch or my work bench. The baby snake wasn't appreciated.

The tack strip looks like it might work, but our cats would find that one free spot to land. I've heard about foil but never tried that, or the fox urine. That would keep me away. I've used moth balls to clear out skunks from under our deck.

Good luck and let us know what will work. Thanks for not killing the cat.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    [IMG]http://guns.yfa1****/eng/image/AR_15.jpg[/IMG]

Just kidding...

Megalodon
    Images
    A few thoughts:

Put sticky side up duct tape on the areas the cats get in to the boat.

There are pads you can get that are shock pads that will give the furry critters a nonlethal but painful lesson learning zap if they get on it-available from most pet stores.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Shark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
    [IMG]http://guns.yfa1****/eng/image/AR_15.jpg[/IMG]

Just kidding...
    Awesome!! Love them!

TadPole
    "The tack strip looks like it might work, but our cats would find that one free spot to land"

I know they'll get around it somehow but it looks so cool!!!!!

Barracuda Founding Member
    "I don't want to be responsible for any tears.... So I laid out this mid-evil trap... It'll puncture all four paws, but it's nonlethal!"

TadPole
    Fishfood, I was wondering who was gonna pick up on that. I guess I meant to say I don't want the neighbors to KNOW my evil plot. Anyway, all the screws are brand new and rust free, poor feline should limp all the way home and wake ready to find someone elses upholstery to play with. Tomorrow I'm gonna add a shockpad and a rubber snake to the equation and hopefully my little problem will dissapear.
    Thanks everyone

Barracuda
    The shock pad won't work. Neither will the strip. I'm assuming the cat can jump into the boat through an area other than the swim platform. If so, it will find a way in the boat. Over the bow or sides.

Get some rolls of cabinet liner and glue the smooth end to a sheet so the sticky end is facing out. Drape that over all areas the cat can ruin and the floor. You may need several sheets. Every inch of sheet should be sticky.

If you make the ara inhospitable it will go elsewhere. And kitties hate sticky feet.
    Last edited by gNats; 03-11-2010 at 06:58.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Barracuda
    Ps. The cat will probably hunt the snake.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information