Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea Life DC1000

TadPole

Sea Life DC1000

I am thinking of purchasing a Sea Life DC-1000, does anyone have any experience with Sea Life products? I am looking at the Elite package, which includes one strobe.

Any other suggestions other than Sea & Sea? I have a buddy who has had two and had trouble with both.
    Dive Naked it adds color to your Cheeks

Grouper
    Images
    If you aren't in a hurry, you may want to wait a month....In april the dc1200 is suppose to come out - and as I understand it the retail price for the dc1200 is suppose to be lower than the dc1000.

Now that means one of two things:

1 - they won't start selling dc1200 until all the dc1000 are gone.

2 - when they come out - the dc1000 should see a nice deep clearance discount.

In either case, it may pay to wait until april...I am.

I just sold my reefmaster mini + strobe, and am hanging in there for a month before buying it's replacement.
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    I have seen some really good to great photos made with the DC1000, depending on your experience level with photography and your expectations vs budget this could be a great system for you.
    • Simple/Easy to use
    • Dedicated expansion options (strobes, W/A wet lens)
    • Good results with knowledge and practice
    I would put the camera at beginner to intermediate level and say the results will vary based on your knowledge and understanding of photography basics. If you are experienced and used to using full manual controls I would say that you will be frustrated with the cameras modes and pre-settings quickly, if you want a camera that easy to use but still gives you some manual control for exposure adjustments then you are on the right track.

There are allot of quality options now days and with some research you could probably put together a as good or better custom system (opinion) on your own for around the same price. If you do not want to hassle with the research and taking a chance on reviews but want a system that was designed as a turn key set-up that will give you good results for a beginner-intermediate photographer then Sealife is worth real consideration.

**I have owned two Sealife systems and was totally happy with them at the time and for where my experience level was.
    DevilDiver

Shark
    Screw the discount I paid full price. Minus the package discount. I like mine the cam does ok on the surface. Has alittle focus issues but might just do me. Dad took it under for a snorkel run and in bad vis it did ok without the strobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayaa3 View Post
    If you aren't in a hurry, you may want to wait a month....In april the dc1200 is suppose to come out - and as I understand it the retail price for the dc1200 is suppose to be lower than the dc1000.

Now that means one of two things:

1 - they won't start selling dc1200 until all the dc1000 are gone.

2 - when they come out - the dc1000 should see a nice deep clearance discount.

In either case, it may pay to wait until april...I am.

I just sold my reefmaster mini + strobe, and am hanging in there for a month before buying it's replacement.

TadPole
    Thanks for all the input. I'm a beginner when it comes to underwater photography so I like this system. If April is the release of the DC1200. I may wait and see what they ask and look at clearance prices on the DC1000.
    Dive Naked it adds color to your Cheeks

Grouper
    i have the DC-1000!! I have gotten a few awesome pics purely by luck because I know nothing about photography but it shows you can take really good pics!

One was so good I sold it to a gallery
    Diving Rocks! along with tugboating

Here's a couple on my DC1000 from a week ago in Cozumel.

wow - those are great pics, Greylion! were you using the strobe? though it wouldn't probably have mattered at this distance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rkj1969 View Post
    wow - those are great pics, Greylion! were you using the strobe? though it wouldn't probably have mattered at this distance, right?
    It was being used but in the blue like that it has little effect. I was at around 80 ft. I got as close as i could without drifting through the formation, really only a few ft away from the closest eagle rays and I used the wide angle lens.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Nice pics
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information