Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gran Cayman in less than a month - who to dive with?

Grouper
    awesome! how fun! I can't wait to go back (day after Thanksgiving!)

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    OK, reviving a dead thread here....

Last trip to Grand Cayman was with cruise and I booked through Neptunes. I was very happy with them too. Now, we are planning for a week on the island and I am leaning towards Fosters. The unlimited shore diving is looking like a very nice benefit. I also like the fact that they will let you dive your computer.

Any recommendations on where to stay? Looking at the middle / west side just for conveinance.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

TadPole
    We stay at Comfort Suites on 7 mile beach when we are there. They are inexpensive and have a great breakfast. Not on the beach, but easier on the wallet than any other hotel on the island. They have a pretty good in house dive operator as well. The dive staff is top-notch, but they are a little more expensive. Great group of instructors/DMs etc...

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by fire diver View Post

Last trip to Grand Cayman was with cruise and I booked through Neptunes. I was very happy with them too. Now, we are planning for a week on the island and I am leaning towards Fosters. The unlimited shore diving is looking like a very nice benefit. I also like the fact that they will let you dive your computer.

Any recommendations on where to stay? Looking at the middle / west side just for conveinance.
    when are you planning on going and how many people do you have?

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mselizann View Post

when are you planning on going and how many people do you have?

Sept 25 - Oct 2. There will be 3, maybe 4 of us, but I will probably be the only diver. If my daughter can get away from college (the 4th person) then she will probably be diving 1 day (short stay).
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Grouper
    ooo- Don Fosters has a deal right now- buy 4 -2 tanks get one free. Plus free shore diving- does your family mind if you are gone from 8 am until 4 pm? lol

I saw a couple private properties for rent if you don't like the hotel type settings- on vrbo- this one in particular.
    VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner - Remember to come back

if you like a hotel- Comfort Suites is ok- but for a family I would guess you'd want seperate bedrooms? the 1 bedrooms are $140 a night, $259 for a 2 bedroom. It's about the same price for Sunshine Suites or the Ramada Grand Caymanian. I like our resort (Morritts) but it's way on the East End, so is the Reef Resort.

Now, I see the Sunset House is having a deal- courtyard rooms for $100 per night plus a $40 voucher for incidentals. I ran a quick quote- your dates, 3 people, 1 adult diving boats for 4 days, unlimited shore diving, everyone gets breakfast, taxi to and from the airport, rum punch and a gift for $2120.80. hmm- and $40 per night? that's not bad.

sorry- I love planning travel- lol!

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    Dang it, where were you last night? LOL.

We just booked a suite (with kitchenette) for about the same price as that vacation home you linked to. Oh well, it gets like 4.6 out of 5 for customer rating. couldn't find a bad review for the place. It's on 7 mile beach over by Fosters.

As much as I would love to spend every day of our trip diving, I want to spend some time seeing the island too. Do you know if those dives could be split among a couple people?

Grouper
    Dang it, where were you last night? LOL.

We just booked a suite (with kitchenette) for about the same price as that vacation home you linked to. Oh well, it gets like 4.6 out of 5 for customer rating. couldn't find a bad review for the place. It's on 7 mile beach over by Fosters.

As much as I would love to spend every day of our trip diving, I want to spend some time seeing the island too. Do you know if those dives could be split among a couple people?

I was at home drinking wine!! lol- sorry
    anyways- no, you can't split the packages- but they also have an internet special.......2 -2 tanks for $170, and you'd still get the shore diving....
    3-2 tanks is $225.........you can add a stingray city or a night dive for $55
    Last edited by mselizann; 06-29-2010 at 13:59. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information