Thread: Looking at regs

Looking at regs

Here are the two regs I'm looking at and comparing. I'm looking for a reg that breaths real easy and is economical.

Zeagle DS V Regulator

Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator

I've read the specs and it seams the major difference is the DS is environmentally sealed. Is there any other features? Any other pro's or cons?

You've pretty much got it. If one adds the environmental diaphragm to the first stage and the heat sink to the second stage of the Envoy Deluxe it becomes a DS-V. Excellent reg, by the way.
    Last edited by keyshunter; 04-19-2010 at 13:21. Reason: typo

Grouper
    Images
    Honestly, I would save $50 bucks and get the regular envoy if you go with the envoy choice. For the 50 you only get the fine tune adjustment knob. I have the regular envoy and there really is no need to get the adjustment knob. The envoy was my first reg and I still use it occasionally. I had it it very cold water with no problems. It has been in caves with no probelms. I also have a DS IV which was the old version of the ds v. It aslo has been in caves and in very cold water with no problems. Either way you cant go wrong they are both excellent regs and you will be happy with either. Too bad you missed the deal for the Flathead 6, i picked one up and that replaced my envoy on my doubles.

Shark Founding Member
    My first reg was an Envoy and I'd still be diving it if my husband hadn't have HAD to have the new Flathead 7 (I'm now diving his Flathead IV). What I like to say about the Envoy is that it is an easy breather that does as well at 13 feet as it does at 133 feet. It's a workhorse regulator that you simply cannot go wrong with.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

I had a DS-V that I passed on to my Son when I got a new flathead 7. The DS-V is a sweet regulator.

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I dive a DS-V-Both are great breathers but I went with the DS-V because it had two HP ports.
    Never Underestimate....

OW, AOW, NITROX

Guppy
    Might I suggest that you do a little searching around for the now discontinued Flathead VI. Recently I picked up a pair for $350 each and have been very happy with them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Pete View Post
    Honestly, I would save $50 bucks and get the regular envoy if you go with the envoy choice. For the 50 you only get the fine tune adjustment knob. I have the regular envoy and there really is no need to get the adjustment knob. The envoy was my first reg and I still use it occasionally. I had it it very cold water with no problems. It has been in caves with no probelms. I also have a DS IV which was the old version of the ds v. It aslo has been in caves and in very cold water with no problems. Either way you cant go wrong they are both excellent regs and you will be happy with either. Too bad you missed the deal for the Flathead 6, i picked one up and that replaced my envoy on my doubles.
    i think, maybe he's right. Consider it.

Zeagle express still has the Flathead 6 for $360

Thread Information