Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cavern Diving (PADI)

Megalodon
    Images
    gNats, that's the gear list if you're taking the cavern course there. AFAIK, they still don't want lights on the tours, just a regualr dive kit.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    gNats, that's the gear list if you're taking the cavern course there. AFAIK, they still don't want lights on the tours, just a regualr dive kit.
    Thanks Navy! I thought that gear list looked quirky.

How was your diving this weekend? I had hoped to pop over and say howdy but the weekend got away from me.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Shark
    No I made it up to screw with everyone. LOL no hear it is, it is half way down on the cavern cert page, could be requirements for padi or SSI and not them. I am wondering if my lights would be good enough? Really thinking about it if we do not go to florida in dec. More for the education and training to give me more expernice in overhead for wreck and I can see doing several trips over there a year. More in the winter when it is to cold here. SO when you want to meet up there and do a dive so we can both get what looks to be a once in a life time experience
    Quote Originally Posted by gNats View Post
    Bigman,

I haven't dove Bonne Terre (yet), but others who have said it was like going trailriding on a horse. There will be multiple divemasters, at least one in front and one in the rear to take you on dive tours of the mine.

You have to dive the trails in sequential order. So, trails 1-5 are easier than trails 6-10. I'm really surprised about this gear list. For the longest time, they didn't allow lights on your person. The reel is another anomoly.

Do you have the URL for that list?

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gNats View Post
    Thanks Navy! I thought that gear list looked quirky.

How was your diving this weekend? I had hoped to pop over and say howdy but the weekend got away from me.
    It went great! pretty good dives until I had to turn the last dive Saturday due to a monster crap in my left calf. I mean it nearly made me go to tears - bboth from pain and from having to turn the dive. I hate doing that. I know anyone, anytime, but still. Sunday was fun-line drills in the air cave a couple of three times just to get the hang of it. A lot different running a reel in a cave than shooting a bag with one.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information