Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP with attaching the strobe to the housing

Barracuda
    I had the same problem with my Sea-life Flashlink on my Sony housing, a little contact cement solved that problem.
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

Grouper
    Images
    The sea and sea cable mount looks pretty cool.
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDiver View Post

OK... take a look, if you don't like this let me know and I will find another option.

You said you have the Oly housing, so it has the diffuser, right?

This custom fiber optic plug mount slips over the stock Olympus diffuser and allows Sea & Sea fiber optic cords to be used.
    Xit 404 Sea & Sea Fiber Optic Mount for Olympus Housings

All you have to do then is add this to the end of the cable and you have secure but removable plug set up for your fiber optic.
    Xit 404 Inon to Sea & Sea Fiber Optic Cable Adapter

Yes the camera has a diffuser. Will the fiber optic mount work with a sealife strobe or just the sea & sea strobe?
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Yes, the mount attaches to the diffuser and then you attach the adapters to the end of the fiber optic. The adapters are inserted into the holes on the mount that was attached to the diffuser. The cabels are held in place by the o-rings on the adapters.

This way the fiber optic cables can be pluged into the mount or removed at anytime.
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    Images
    Looks like I will be buying that when I get back to the states. Thanks DevilDiver for the help!

TadPole

DD - Can you help me? I'm desperate. Leaving for Galapagos Thursday. I can't get a du

DD - Can you help me? I'm desperate. Leaving for Galapagos Thursday. I can't get a dual SL961 Sealife strobe to work on my Canon WPDC34 Housing. I don't have enough room for two Velcro patches to trigger both strobes. I can only trigger one or the other. Any ideas? Do they make the dual Oly box you suggested to the other person for the Canon housing? Any help is much appreciated.

You said you have the Oly housing, so it has the diffuser, right?

This custom fiber optic plug mount slips over the stock Olympus diffuser and allows Sea & Sea fiber optic cords to be used.
    Xit 404 Sea & Sea Fiber Optic Mount for Olympus Housings

All you have to do then is add this to the end of the cable and you have secure but removable plug set up for your fiber optic.
    Xit 404 Inon to Sea & Sea Fiber Optic Cable Adapter

[/QUOTE]

Images
    MikeJoan,

Yes this should work for your housing if it has the difusser that should have come with it. It is not specific to Oly at all. It slides down onto the top of the difusser and the two screws are used to sucure it to the diffuser. You will need to get plug adapters for your F/O cable, the one pictured above will work but they make other ones as well. Just describe what you are trying to do to the rep from the camera store that you are planning to oder from and they should be able to hook you up with what you need.
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    Images
    I dd buy those adapters for my camera and they were easy to install just don't do what I did and over tighten it. But I shouldn't have anymore problems with my camera/strobe anymore I upgraded to the DC1400 after my lat trip to Cozumel. I went to put my camera in the camera bucket only to find my u/w case was open and the camera was not there. It is still in Cozumel underwater (somewhere).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Okc_diver View Post
    I went to put my camera in the camera bucket only to find my u/w case was open and the camera was not there. It is still in Cozumel underwater (somewhere).
    That is the first time I have heard that one. It's pretty common for people to loose camera in the u/w case that they have clipped off where they are not paying attention to them but I have never heard anyone loosing the camera because the case opened. Was the latch damaged?
    DevilDiver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information