Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: collage in florida.

Shark

collage in florida.

Does anyone know of a good 4 year collage in florida for construction?
    I should be done with my first 2 years at the local comm. collage and do not want to spend another 2 years up here going to ISU, ballstate, or PURDUE. When I could be diving on the off days in florida

Grouper
    Images
    Make sure your credits will transfer!

Interesting thing to go to "collage" for...

Barracuda
    Images
    Here is a nice collage in FL.

If you want to construct a collage. Just cut out your favorite construction pictures and glue them to some construction paper using your non-toxic paste.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes *

Grouper
    I know UF has a good architecture school.

It's by far the best public school in FL. I'll be there next year

Grouper
    You do know it's "college" right, not "collage"... a collage is a mixture and random placement of images

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by mzbdiver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gNats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mzbdiver View Post
    You do know it's "college" right, not "collage"... a collage is a mixture and random placement of images

Well, I guess a "college" can be a "collage" of courses. I've seen some curriculums that did look to be nothing more than a random grouping of courses.

True. Very true.

Also, I must stress McCoy's comment completely!!!!

Make sure they transfer or you'll get screwed over!
    I third McCoy's comment about transferring. before I even submitted an application for enrollment, I would schedule a call with an advisor and verify how many credits will transfer, and then get it in writing!
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman241 View Post
    Does anyone know of a good 4 year collage in florida for construction?
    I should be done with my first 2 years at the local comm. collage and do not want to spend another 2 years up here going to ISU, ballstate, or PURDUE. When I could be diving on the off days in florida
    Bigman, you are going to Florida in August. If you are serious about going to Florida for school, then stay dry on one or two days of your trip and visit some of the schools you are interested in. If you call ahead and speak with an admissions counselor, they will arrange a tour and have swag available for you. Plus, you can discuss transcripts, out of state tuition fees, housing, the whole bang face to face.

This is too big of a decision for you to make (duah, you know that right?) without taking an opportunity to visit in person.

Even if you are not going until Fall 2011, you should start reviewing NOW the schools, their fees, housing, transfer credits, the works. Some things may take MONTHS to complete before you can begin.

Good luck
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Grouper
    Images
    I went to Purdue for Building Construction Managment. You will not find a better college for Contruction then Purdue. I also know that Virginia Tech has a good program as well as California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. It looks like the University of Florida has a Construction program. I dont know anything about it. A word to the wise, the construction industry really really sucks right now. Unless you have a job lined up for after graduation, I would think twice about it. I am lucky enough to still have a job at the moment, I graduated in 2006 and out of my graduating class I know of very few that still have a job. I keep seeing commercials for Construction Managment at community colleges and i can only think that there will not be enough jobs for the people that graduate with that degree. They will be competing with people that have more experience and willing to work for less money. The industry is one of the first hit in times of economic despair and one of the last to recover. Purdue, when i graduated, had a 100% placement rate for construction management. Now I would guess it is probably around 20-30%. I would hope that by the time you would graduate things will be better. I am not certain that they will improve that much by that time. Feel Free to PM me with any specific questions on Construction Managment.

Grouper
    Back to the OP:

Bigman, from someone who lives less than 4 miles from beautiful Hollywood beach, living in paradise is not at all like being on vacation. Life (work, family, grocery shopping, laundry, etc) gets in the way of playing. And sometimes on the one free Saturday in a month when you've made plans to dive the seas are crappy and you can't go.

If you can find a school in FL that has exactly what you are looking for in education, perfect! But don't let proximity to the beach be your first criteria.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information