Thread: Men & Women Questions

Guppy

Men & Women Questions

Okay, yall, I have an idea to kick around. Since there are some peeps who obviously have a problem with men coming into the womens forum, and some people who obviously have a problem with women coming into the mens forum, how about a "men/women" forum?

Let me explain: I've noticed that I'm very curious about what the other sex will say when they don't think I'm around, and I've noticed that many men seem to feel the same way, thus the lurking and posting in the forums designated for the opposite sex, right?

Well, some of the posts in the mens forum are actually inviting women to answer, without saying so... like this one "do women expect us to read their mind", and others like that. So therefore, while lurking, we tend to voice our opinions (we are women, after all) and you men tend to do the same thing in our forum. I don't have any problems with that at all, but some people obviously do.

So... what about restricting men to the mens, women to the womens, and then those who want to be able to post freely to interesting questions that men wonder about women, and women wonder about men, or want to ask the opposite sex, will be able to do so without fear of reprisal. I am not suggesting a dating or flirting forum, although I do want Plot to marry Foo3.

Just an idea- what do you think?
    Foo "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    I see surface interval as kind of a men/woman area. Anyone can start a thread and anyone can post.

I think it's more about putting a thread in the rigt area. The guys can talk about UFC all day long in man world but if they was ideas or suggestions or commentary about something from the ladies then they should put it in surface interval and vice versa.

That is just my opinion.
    Sparky the ninjita
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

http://beautybelow.com/

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasdivergirl View Post
    I see surface interval as kind of a men/woman area. Anyone can start a thread and anyone can post. I think it's more about putting a thread in the right area.
    That's it.

...but if they was ideas or suggestions or commentary about something from the ladies then they should put it in surface interval and vice versa.
    Problematic: you would have responses going to two different threads. The poster in SI may be responding to something in the "other" thread on the same subject in the "other" forum". In order to follow the thread (no longer a thread per se, the reader/poster would be bouncing among two or even three forums and threads.

Here's a solution: Get Over It. Post where you want. Don't get your feelings hurt because He posted in the She section and vice versa.
    rick

I think that both sexes have very good input on alot of the same subjects. No one should be made to feel that they can't respond to something that they have an opinion on just because it was posted somewhere designated for a certain sex.
    Always left holding the fins!!!!

Moderator ST-Forum Mod WV Diver's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba Widow View Post
    I think that both sexes have very good input on alot of the same subjects. No one should be made to feel that they can't respond to something that they have an opinion on just because it was posted somewhere designated for a certain sex.
    The voice of reason, why spread it out?

1-877-728-2243
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

A series of unrecognized mistakes does not constitute experience.

I'm a NMOF and proud of it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Guppy
    Yes, like I said, it matters not at all to me. I like the input from the opposite sex, because I'm always learning from you guys & gals. I've just been noticing that it seems to irritate some peeps, so was looking for a compromise. It's fine with me if everyone wants to get over it, sounds like a plan. Good point about the Surface Interval forum, and simply posting in the right place
    Foo "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foo
    We need more cow bell!
    Another walken fan heard from

Oh,...and I wasn't telling foo to get over it. I'm refering to those who are irritated by posting to the wrong forum. I do NOT want to be on the wrong side of the Foo Clan. Too darned many of them.
    Last edited by Vercingetorix; 09-10-2007 at 11:59.
    rick

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
    Oh,...and I wan't telling foo to get over it. I'm refering to those who are irritated by posting to the wrong forum. I do NOT want to be on the wrong side of the Foo Clan. Too darned many of them.
    We're a really scary bunch.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r.../foofamily.jpg
    Last edited by Foo2; 09-09-2007 at 18:29. Reason: cause my html didn't work :(
    If I can't scuba then what's this whole thing about, what am I working toward? - Creed "The Office"

Grouper Founding Member
    I don't quite understand what the issue is guys posting in the ladies forum or ladies posting the men's forum. There really isnt any sensitive information being posted. I've been a part of some forums that have private female sections, but the discussions in this forum don't seem to warrant it.

TadPole
    Oh,...and I wasn't telling foo to get over it. I'm refering to those who are irritated by posting to the wrong forum. I do NOT want to be on the wrong side of the Foo Clan. Too darned many of them.[/quote]

we like to gang up on people lol and it makes it worse because the only foos that post on here are women.. we are scarier lol

Thread Information