Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dive Sites/Shops in the Keys

TadPole

Dive Sites/Shops in the Keys

I'm going on a weeklong trip to the Keys later this month, but have never heard any good recommendations as to where to dive, or for that matter whom to dive with. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

--The world will be a better place when the power of love replaces the love of power

We were in the Keys in March and dove with Keys Diver - right across the street from Divers Direct and the Holiday in on Key Largo. Great people, we really enjoyed diving with them. The included "lunch" at the Pilot House is excellent as well!

Website here: Keys Diver & Snorkel Center, Key Largo Florida, Pennekamp Park and Marine Sanctuary SCUBA and Snorkel trips & Instruction
    -Aaron

Where in the Keys are you going? We go to Marathon almost every year, and use Captain Hook's. Real good people, and they do multi-dive pricing. The more you dive, the better the price! Captain Hook's Diving and Fishing in the Florida Keys These guys do the Thunderbolt which is a great wreck, but also all the great reefs in the area - like Sombrero and Coffin's Patch.

When coming & going, we often stay in Key Largo, and use Blue Water Divers. Again good people, a good op with a real nice boat, and walking distance from the Holiday Inn, Ramada or Marina del Mar hotels as they are parked in the marina between all these hotels. We dive the Speigel Grove with this op, but they also do a bunch of other great sites.

Scuba Diving and Snorkeling with BlueWater Divers in Key Largo, Florida

Grouper
    Images
    In Key Largo: Silent World

They had a good dive boat and a good shop when we went there. He owns the Deco Stop. The crew on the boat was very fond of St. Pauly Girl Beer as I remember but they may or may not still be there as I dove with them 6 years ago.

Grouper
    Images
    We are doing a week long trip with ocean divers in Key Largo. I will be doing the IDC with them starting next week too. If you are going down and need a dive partner let me know. We will be down 7/27-8/3 with 15 people.

Guppy
    As a new diver, you would probably be a good fit for Rainbow Reef. They provide a free dive guide if you want one. I have used them on two different trips and have not been disappointed.

I have also used Silent World. They have excellent instructors and worked very hard with me to get my daughter and son-in-law certified despite weather problems. They were very flexible and personnel were professional.

My son and I dove with Rainbow Reef last month. Maybe we were just unlucky, but I thought the quality of the DMs was significantly less than I was used to. Specifically, we had some safety issues getting back on the boat in 5 foot seas.

We enjoyed having a dive guide with us, though. They always seem to know where the critters hang out.

Next time we're down there, we're going to try another outfit.
    Chilly

TadPole
    We did our check out dives at Rainbow Reef in Key Largo a couple of weeks ago. We had 4 foot seas, which made it quite interesting for new divers like us, but we felt the crew was fantastic all around.

Barracuda
    Images
    I'll be in Key Largo the 24th-31st. We are staying at the Marriott and I am diving with Quiescence.
    http://www.keylargodiving.com/

I have read reviews about almost all of the dive ops and have read very few bad reviews about any of them.

Shark
    we have dove with rainbow reef several times. I like having a DM in the water with us to point out critters. they are not real expensive and they have a combo pack set up with the ramada inn which is across the parking lot from their boat. free breakfast too.
    God is good, no matter what!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information