Thread: Wreck Alley San Diego

Wreck Alley San Diego

I'm cosidering going on a charter here at the end of the month. Has anyone dove some of these. I will need an easier dive because I have the boss with me and she isnt real comfortable yet.

Guppy
    It's been a number of years but my memory of Wreck Alley seemed to be a deeper set of dives maybe 70 ft or so and the water was cold, a current was running and the vis wasn't all that good. We made it without any incident but it didn't seem an easier dive day. I would have dig out log books to get particulars and I'm not sure I could even find it anymore. I grew up diving out of the LA area from PV to Santa Barbara and it's an easier area to dive in..... I think. I'm sure there will be those that will dispute my post but this is what I seem to recall, It was maybe 20 plus years ago that I was down that way diving.
    Bill

The Humboldt, San Diego Boat Dive, San Diego SCUBA Diving, San Diego Dive Charter, Boat Dives is a top notch dive boat. I would highly recommend using them. As for dive sites.....

The Yukon ranges from 60ftish to over 100ft and is penetrable. With that in mind, there are some surges that move in and out of the holes that weere cut in the boat and can be very unpredictable and quite interesting.

I have never dove the Ruby E or the Radio Tower,but there is some information for you on the Humboldt website so you can make an informed decision.

The Humboldt also goes to Kelp beds and the Coronado Islands in Mexico, no passport required, and that information is also in the website.

I work for a shop that is uses the Humboldt as a dive boat and I would be more than happy to come along and dive with you as a Divemaster/ Instructor, if my schedule allows. PM if interested.

I am anticipating diving San Diego on the 25th and or the 26th of this month

cool thanks guys, I'll have to check with the boss. Let me know Vegas I'll be out there the weekend after that. If they are deeper dives I dont think I'll be able to do that but we will see. I'll check with the boss.

Grouper
    If you want easier dives, you might want to consider going to Coronado Islands in Mexico. My wife and I were in San Diego the first week in May. The first day was by San Diego. We did not do wreck alley but went to Anchor Management and Lazy Days. Visibility was about 10 feet. The second day was at Coronado Islands. Visibility was about 50 feet. At Coronado Islands the diving seemed more relaxing and easier.

Guppy
    I had to look, I dove the Horizon mostly in Mexico for a couple of days and then finished in Wreck Alley, did the Ruby E as well as the tower. As I said it was cold and had a current and the vis wasn't all that good but I'd been in Baja which was just the opposite. I would consider the offer from the DM, he should show you a good time and know how to keep your misses happier....
    Bill

Thanks guys. I talked with the boss last night and she was the smart one in this deal. LOL She wants to dive La Joya(sp) since its closer to where we will be and cheaper. Cheaper so our Cozmel trip we will have more $ to spend on extra dives. Which I have to say was brilliant.

Anyway, How is La Joya? Good dive? We will be doing a walk in dive. Is there anything I need to know about the tide and best time to dive?

I still want to dive those wrecks but it will have to wait.

Thread Information