Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forums Upgraded / Updates

Wow. I haven't been on here for a while. Decided to catch up on my favourite scuba board. Looks like everything just changed yesterday. I like when I'm reading new posts summary there is a green arrow indicating I have posted to the forum. If I float over it, it tells me how many posts I have. Seems to be a bit more information to scan on the new post summary.

Two things I don't like (beside the new colour theme).

First, everything is in a narrow column. I'd say that approximately 40% of my screen is not being used. Would be nice if I full screen my browse that it expands to the full width of my screen rather than giving me more of that dead blue space.

Second, and this might be a defect, when I clicked new posts, the paging widget said Page 1 of 4. I clicked '2' and it said Page 2 of 5. When I went to page 3 it said Page 3 of 7. The last page kept increasing. By the time I got to page 17 it said Page 17 of 20 and stayed at 20 until I got to 20. Maybe people are actually posting that much. Who knows.

This river I step in is not the river I stand in
    -- Heraclitus

Change is inevitable.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Instructor, Technical & Cave Diver "Forum Admin" TommyB's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    Wow. I haven't been on here for a while. Decided to catch up on my favourite scuba board. Looks like everything just changed yesterday. I like when I'm reading new posts summary there is a green arrow indicating I have posted to the forum. If I float over it, it tells me how many posts I have. Seems to be a bit more information to scan on the new post summary.

Two things I don't like (beside the new colour theme).

First, everything is in a narrow column. I'd say that approximately 40% of my screen is not being used. Would be nice if I full screen my browse that it expands to the full width of my screen rather than giving me more of that dead blue space.

Second, and this might be a defect, when I clicked new posts, the paging widget said Page 1 of 4. I clicked '2' and it said Page 2 of 5. When I went to page 3 it said Page 3 of 7. The last page kept increasing. By the time I got to page 17 it said Page 17 of 20 and stayed at 20 until I got to 20. Maybe people are actually posting that much. Who knows.

This river I step in is not the river I stand in
    -- Heraclitus

Change is inevitable.
    1. new post thingie is set to show 3 at a time , ect 1 2 3 .....20, click on 3 and it shows 4.5.6..20
    2. I'll install a none fixed-width here in a bit. (maybe)
    3. The open sides are for Larry (we all love larry) to add his , "What's hot" , What's new" Special deal, thingies from the shopping cart etc...

5. As mentioned, this look is a temp fix to get off the default uglier-then-sin, VB default template. This way we at least have some color.

I'll check on the new post pagination thing and see what's up with it
    Tommy Burchfield Naui/TDI/SDI
    if ( $clue == \'none\' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ){ post->question }

Good to see cleaning up the interface is on the list. All I can ask and will wait until those changes are completed before I start whining again.

TadPole
    I too thought that I had entered a different website. I retyped the address and the same screen came up, then had to double check that I spelled it right. And I must say that the colors are ok (but not the best), and will take some getting use to like any change. Change is a part of life, and like it or not is a good thing. So, if we give Tommy and the others time to work out all the bugs. I know we will like the final product once it is all said and done. Way to go Tommy and keep up the good work.

Great job TommyB. New is always painful at first but I can see a few good improvements. I'm already figuring out how to do my usual routine. Everything is there, just in a different location.

Instructor, Technical & Cave Diver "Forum Admin" TommyB's Avatar
    Images
    Added a Fluid template for all you full-screen peeps
    Check Bottom of Forum, change to Breeze Fluid

Yea, same color, etc..
    I know, the header(s) images are off, but those are temp headers until I can get a cool Scubtoys Header.
    Larry is back on Tuesday, so just have to grin and bear it..

I'm not going to chose the colors, etc for Larry, so really no point in me making tons of changes to the color scheme's until he and I can have a chat.

Keep me posted on bugs, issues etc
    and THANKS

TB
    Tommy Burchfield Naui/TDI/SDI
    if ( $clue == \'none\' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ){ post->question }

Cool stuff!! Full screen posts!! Yeah.

On the main forum screen when I hit the little arrows in the corner to shrink a section I get a new header added instead. I don't see this issue on other pages that have the arrows.

Firefox 3.6.6
    Both Breeze skins

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Sucks to be Tommy now. My hat is in my hand however.

But I have been erased. Very trying to even get here to make this post.

Somebody targeted ST I suspect.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Grouper
    On the 'home' page the recent posts are not recent. it has the same ones that were there Saturday.
    Pandora

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information