Thread: Computers that vibrate or how visual alarms

Computers that vibrate or how visual alarms

I just completed my open water dives this last weekend. I am getting ready to buy some equipment. The dive computer on the gear for the open water dives was a brand was a genesis. It had audible warning tones. While others were talking about having heard them I didnít. Can anyone recommend one that flashes, vibrates, or keeps the tone on until you turn it off. The only one I have found is a Tusa IQ that has vibration but itís about $700. I am looking a wrist mounted models. It may have been a fluke or the model on the consoles but I like the idea of a good solid depth and ascent warning since I am just getting started.

Grouper
    Dive Rite NItek Duo/Trio I THINK keep the audible alarm on until you stop ascending too fast or whatever you're violating.

Are you sure you violated a rule or something? Maybe your computer just didn't go off.

Shark
    all my atom 2 does is flashes a warning. It did this the other day when going up. I stopped and it went off. I use the wrist type and watch it non stop on the way down and up. thoug I doubt I would hear it if it had an alarm. We were divng at mermet which has under water music and I never heard it, though my dad did.

No I don't think I actually would have set my own off. Everyone else was complaining though about all the alarms going off in the water. I never heard any of them. Maybe just concentration. Being new and cautious, I do like the idea of as much warning as possible. I guess the other way is always have a dive buddy with super hearing.

Guppy
    That's why I really love my Tusa. I can ignore all that other noise pollution in the ocean and just wait for that vibrate on the wrist. Its always funny to watch 5 or 6 divers all looking at their computers to see who is beeping about what. It just surprises me that more manufacturers do not offer that feature.

Shark
    Please please please do not ever give a computer manufacturer the idea of an alarm going off until the user cancels it...

I already want to kill the guy that turned on every single alarm on the Uwatec computers as a default factory setting - they make SOOOOO much noise throughout the entire dive... I have, however learned how to disable them ALL very quickly (of course I let the diver know what I am doing and why - most are thankful to shut the thing up)

You should just focus on being more attentive - checking no-deco time, monitoring depth and time, and slowly ascending, then all of those alarms won't matter... My computer beeps when I ascend too fast (once), and it also beeps (once) when I reach 5 minutes of no-deco time remaining... All the other alarms are turned off, and I have contemplated turning these off as well, but since they go off so infrequently, its really a non-issue...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Thread Information