Thread: Has anyone used th Aeris Ion AT400

Has anyone used th Aeris Ion AT400

My wife is wanting this reg and I am looking for info from people who have used it.

Thanks

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    I had one, but no longer do. It breathed like a dream, but it had an IP creep problem causing it to leak when under pressure on deck. ST fixed it but the problem returned after the reg was under pressure for a few minutes. I had to get it fixed locally due to a class that I was taking, and then it was not so easy to breathe off of. At that point, we punted, and ST helped me get into another reg. I'm diving an Atomic Z2 which I am very happy with and it has performed flawlessly.

The AT400 is a very well rated reg, so maybe I just got a lemon. It happens.

Grouper
    I recently bought one and used it on a liveaboard trip a few weeks ago. On paper and from all the reviews, it's a great reg. I found it to be acceptable in it's ease of breathing at least to depths of up to 120'. It seems to be a dry breather in all orientations but, I don't like the raspy noises it occasionally makes underwater. I like the sealed first stage and the adjustable 2nd stage. I really need to use it more before I can make a meaningful assessment.

Guppy
    I have the Aeris Ion AT400 and I love it. The first stage is excellent and with the DVT, you rarely need to worry about getting water in your regulator. The second stage is fully adjustable, light as feather (less then 6oz) and breathes exceptionally well! I would recommend it..
    . . : : S c u b a S t e v o : : . .

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaStevo View Post
    I have the Aeris Ion AT400 and I love it. The first stage is excellent and with the DVT, you rarely need to worry about getting water in your regulator. The second stage is fully adjustable, light as feather (less then 6oz) and breathes exceptionally well! I would recommend it..
    Completely agree, it is the only high end reg I've used (used alot of mid grade), but it is light, small, and if you adjust it properly it will pretty much breath for you... it is great!

PS don't forget to readjust it when you resurface... like an idiot my first dive with it I didn't re-up the sensitivity when I resurefaced and when I hit a little current it started to free flow
    "A wise man stores up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin."

A good man does his best to be selfless and humble while others attempt great gain for selfish purposes and fail.

Thread Information