Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next purchase - Strobe or CC filter

Guppy
    Images
    Well I decided to try the YS-01 so we I will let you know when I get some pictures but as I said we don't take our next dive trip until November. Thanks for all of the information it is greatly appreciated.

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Sure thing, let me know what you think when you get it. I would suggest getting some practice in before the trip, it's cheaper to do it at Athens, Mammoth or a local pool rather than on vacation.

Check out some books on underwater photography (Martin Edge - The Underwater Photographer 4th Edition) and websites (uwphotographyguide.com) and get some UW photography basics and the concepts down, especially lighting.
    DevilDiver

Guppy
    Images
    I am definitley going to do some practice in the pool. I would go back to Blue Lagoon or Mammoth but the wife get very stressed in low viz situations so haven't found a good local place to practice yet. I haven't been to Athens what is the viz there compared to the others?

Thanks for the recomendations on the training material, I will definitley look it up.

You also might consider taking an UW photography course as well. I am in the middle of the PADI course, we did the classroom last night and are doing the dives this weekend. The course wasn't overly expensive ($100) and while the book isn't huge it does have some decent information. Though this course is one that you really want to find the right instructor for since it's a bit specialized it's good to have an instructor who is really into photography to add some value to the base course materials. We spent quite a bit of time going over different photos and discussing the composition of each, why they worked (or didn't work) and it really made things much more clear as to why some photos are more appealing than others, even of the same subject. So far well worth the time and money to me.

Guppy
    Images
    I was thinking about doing that but as you say teh quality of the class is very dependent on the instructor. I wonder if anyone know a good instructor in Bonaire?

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_tabasco View Post
    I was thinking about doing that but as you say teh quality of the class is very dependent on the instructor. I wonder if anyone know a good instructor in Bonaire?

Check out this thread...

http://forum.scubatoys.com/trips-tra...tml#post400144
    DevilDiver

Guppy
    Images
    Thanks. I missed that thread. Appreciate the info, again

Grouper
    This could also be worth looking atM A G I C - F I L T E R S, just ordered some myself, interesting to know what others think.
    Any dive you survive is a good dive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information