Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Six years ago today

Barracuda Founding Member

Six years ago today

I was in NYC, getting on a plane to Denver. I was living in San Francisco at the time, going to work in our Denver Colorado office. It was a 7pm flight, and evening thunderstorms pushed our take off time till around midnight.

I landed in Denver about 2:30am, caught a cab to my hotel. It was the last time I saw the towers.

I almost did that trip again this year, to catch my football team's opener, but the idea of flying back to Denver today just stopped me.

Of all the events in my life, I have never been so lucky not to be on one of the ill fated flights that left JFK about 7 hours later.

Guppy
    Six years ago today I was going about business as usual. I had dinner reservations at Windows on the World for my next trip in to NYC later that month. I was going to meet up with some friends, catch dinner, spend the night, and catch an early show on Broadway.

Grouper
    I was staring at my television wondering what had gone wrong with the rest of the world.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by greyzen View Post
    I was staring at my television wondering what had gone wrong with the rest of the world.
    That was probably 6 years ago tomorrow - or you had a HECK of a premonition.

Grouper Founding Member
    I was on "cloud 9" and trying to hide it. 3rdEye and I had gone on our first date over the weekend, but since we worked together at a small company we were trying to keep it quiet.

Wouldn't have thought in a million years that the next morning planes would be crashing into the WTC.

Grouper
    I was in astronomy class when a teacher in a neighboring classroom came in screaming something about the news, when we turned it on, a plane smashed into the second tower

My uncle did not get on a plane heading to New York that day. Thank God

Grouper Founding Member
    Going about life as usual......Never suspecting..
    Scubatoys - My LDS From 1,075 mi Away!!
    ZEAGLE Brigade/ZEAGLE Envoy Deluxe/ZEAGLE Octo-Z....Anybody seein' a pattern here???

Thinking the world was a relatively peaceful place.

I was working for Universal Orlando....wondering what in the world went wrong and if there were going to be more and wanting nothing more than to get in touch with my family.
    Always left holding the fins!!!!

Guppy
    Six years ago today I was late for work because I couldn't peel myself away from the television screen. It felt like it was the end of the world or the beginning of WWIII.

Like so many others, I was making frantic phone calls to my friends in the tower or in the fire department only to be greeted with an all circuits are busy message. I was holding my girlfriend in complete shock while she wept. It was something I will never forget.

Who else remembers the weird silence of no planes overhead at all?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information