Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma diver with no buddies :(

Quote Originally Posted by aquafrog View Post
    so whats the story on the aquanauts...im still tryin to find a dive buddy and although i VERY much agree with lulubelle's post about buddy selection (firm believer in someone who will watch my back instead of me having to watch my back if you know what i mean) its getting to the point i guess i am going to have to leave my comfort zone and hope for the best. thanks for the post replies guys...it makes a difference knowing that there are SO many people active in diving!
    The Aquanauts is Tulsa based, though we have folks join from all over, especially if they are interested in diving Lake Tenkiller or Beaver Lake since those are the two primary places the folks in the club dive (except for bigger trips). There are a couple events coming up that would be a great chance to meet new folks. The Tenkiller lake cleanup will be Sept 11 and 12. And then the Beaver Lake cleanup is the next weekend. You can get all the details on the Aquanauts web site at: Tulsa Aquanauts (Tulsa, OK) - Meetup . And you may want to join the group if you haven't yet and just post that you are looking for dive buddies down your way, I'm not familiar with where everyone is located, but you may find someone who is in the area.

For example, I'm pretty sure some of the members are heading to Tenkiller tomorrow, first to do a shore dive, then to head out on one of the members boats to do some boat diving. While I think the boat spots are all taken, the shore doesn't have limits on the number who can go and I believe Todd is going to do a tour of the scuba park first thing.

Grouper
    Images
    I will have a canopy up with a Tulsa Aquanauts banner on it. I will be doing a couple of shore dives in the morining. We plan on arriving at the Scuba Park at 8:30. The diver with the boat won't get there till about 10:30. I also will probably do another dive at the park in the afternoon. There are a couple of more Aquanauts coming then.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Guppy Founding Member
    Images
    Another Oklahoma person here, my wife and I have been certified for around 8-9 years. I don't typically dive in Oklahoma though, lol.

I do have a large boat, and tenkiller isn't that far away.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
    Another Oklahoma person here, my wife and I have been certified for around 8-9 years. I don't typically dive in Oklahoma though, lol.

I do have a large boat, and tenkiller isn't that far away.
    Any time you are at Tenkiller and need a dive buddy give me a shout. I am usually available every weekend.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Guppy Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerwink View Post
    Any time you are at Tenkiller and need a dive buddy give me a shout. I am usually available every weekend.
    I generally just go up there to hang out and drink on my boat.

PM me your name/phone and ill definately give you a shout next time I head up there.

TadPole
    Iím in the same boat, Iím new to the area and donít have a diving buddy, Iím OW certified and Iím waiting for my deep dive to complete my advanced OW. I would love to find someone I could dive with locally; I generally have the weekends off and would be up for a trip. Let me know if youíre interested in exploring some options. by the way, I live in OKC

Grouper
    Images
    We have several "Tulsa Aquanauts" members in OKC area.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information