Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about a food and/or recipe group?

Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    I've noted a good number of posts in various threads about recipes, I think Diving Chef started it!!! ) Last count, there were over 200 recipes posted in the many posts.

How about a food or recipe Folder/Forum/Topic or what ever the various groups are called?

Huh? Huh? Pleeeease???
    I'm all in.

Just like diving, cooking has brought my son and I closer together. In the age of video games, satellite TV, and web-based social networking, we can still find time to spend in the kitchen creating wonderful meals together and talking about life.

Now if he'd only do the dishes...
    Chilly

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    So I was sick of the brined turkey breast already and parts of it were a bit salty, so tonight the rest of it turned into THIS.

Turkey Tex-Mex Casserole Recipe - ABC News

I substituted much of the fat out of it, used fresh heirloom tomatoes which I wasn't going to be able to finish, used unfried corn tortillas, amped up the cayenne, included the jalapenos, and made a huge mess trying to use my mezzaluna.

DELICIOUS.

Grouper
    I'd be up for a food (& drink!) sub-forum. Good idea. Any other home coffee-roasters here?
    Some franchises just never make it... CSI:Wagga Wagga was one of them.

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashee View Post
    I'd be up for a food (& drink!) sub-forum. Good idea. Any other home coffee-roasters here?

I did that a few times when I accidently purchased green coffee beans once. It was hit and miss on quality, but hey, I was using a cast iron skillet and a spatula.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

I had a opposite mom problem .... she could cook quite well, but with 6 kids running around, cooking was 'her' time I think. So we weren't allowed in the kitchen to watch or help. (Except to do the dishes. To this day I HATE doing dishes!) She also rarely wrote down her recipes, so most of them were lost when she passed. I've always done fairly well, but in the last year or two I've really gotten in to cooking from scratch, and trying all kinds of recipes. Found that doing blackened fish is super easy; crock-pots are great for batches of stews, red sauce or moles; and I can even make veggies I hate (like cabbage!) into some great dishes. I've started a 3 ring binder and all the dishes that work out go in it.

So add another "Yes, please!!" vote to a foodie section in the Forum!

Shark
    Images

whole wheat sandwich bread

lets keep this thread going till they get us a group. hear is a really great whole wheat sandwich beard loaf recipe.

1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
    1/4 cup rye flour
    2 3/4 cups all purpose flour (the good stuff)
    3 cups whole wheat flour
    1/4 cup honey
    1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
    4 tablespoons butter
    2 1/3 cups warm water (110 degrees)
    2 1/2 teaspoons salt

Mix water, salt, butter, honey and yeast in bowl of mixer with rubber spatula. Mix in rye flour, wheat germ and one cup each whole and all-purpose flours.

Set mixer (with dough hook*) to lowest speed and slowly add remaining flour (2 cups whole wheat and 1 3/4 cups all-purpose.) Once combined, knead for 8 minutes on lowest speed. Remove from bowl and knead for 30 seconds or so to make sure the dough is smooth. Put the dough in a lightly greased, large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (I put mine in the cool oven.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly flour a work surface and gently punch down the dough (I press it down) then separate into two pieces. Shape each piece of dough into rectangular shape about 1 inch thick and not longer than your bread pan. Roll the dough up from one end of the piece, forming a cylinder, pinching the seam to join the dough. Put the cylinder into a lightly greased bread pan (seam down) and press down lightly to make sure the dough touches all sides of the pan. (I make 2 small loaves - perfect for the kiddies - and 1 regular sized loaf.) Cover the bread pan and let the dough rise for 20 - 30 minutes.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, when loaf reads 205 degrees on instant read thermometer. The loaf should sound hollow when you thump the bottom with your fingertip. Allow to fully cool on wire rack before storing.

*This recipe assumes you’re using a decent stand mixer to knead the dough. There’s an alternative if you don’t have a stand mixer or are hand-kneading.
    With the privilege of diving, comes the responsibility of conservation. If you dont like this signature I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    I did that a few times when I accidently purchased green coffee beans once. It was hit and miss on quality, but hey, I was using a cast iron skillet and a spatula.
    I've done a few batches in a skillet on an open fire when I'm camping. Nothing like starting the day with a really good coffee.
    At home, I use modified popcorn popper, heatgun/dogbowl, and a converted breadmaker depending on how I feel. Not that I'm obsessed or anything. :-)
    Some franchises just never make it... CSI:Wagga Wagga was one of them.

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashee View Post
    I've done a few batches in a skillet on an open fire when I'm camping. Nothing like starting the day with a really good coffee.
    At home, I use modified popcorn popper, heatgun/dogbowl, and a converted breadmaker depending on how I feel. Not that I'm obsessed or anything. :-)
    You probably knew that you don't try to roast 2 lbs/1 kg at one time, didn't you??

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    I think recipes may be in the hunting section. I found Crab Cakes, Steamed Crab, and Crab Boils in the marine life section.
    http://forum.scubatoys.com/marine-li...ue-crab-17446/

I noticed that the freedive section is pretty dead. Not as many freedivers as DeeperBlue or SpearBoard.

Grouper
    Diving Chef Recipes in Hunting section

http://forum.scubatoys.com/hunting-g...-recipes-6880/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information